Live Stream Video

Alpha1

Similar to how Facebook allows users to start a live stream, it would be a very popular feature if community members could do the same.

Here is how it could work:
On the 'Add media' page (/media/add) add an option 'live video'. (alternatively there could also be a button next to the 'Add Media' button.
Once clicked there could be a connection to the camera and live recording would start.

This would require an integration with a livestream provider like livestream.com, embed.ly, etc

Having Livestreams would quickly increase the number of videos offered in our media gallery.

Upvote 35
Yes, yes Yes

We live-stream from trade shows to Facebook and have to give our forumgoers, (who mostly hate facebook) a link :doh:

It's like Burger king sending you to McDonalds for ketchup.

Yes, yes Yes

We live-stream from trade shows to Facebook and have to give our forumgoers, (who mostly hate facebook) a link :doh:

It's like Burger king sending you to McDonalds for ketchup.
It's been awhile since I've been in the live streaming space but you could livestream via youtube and then embed in your forums (I think). For that matter, I wonder if you can embed a facebook live stream video in forums... like I said, it's been awhile.

Top Bottom