Live Feed

Live Feed 1.4.0a

No permission to download
Hi @Milano there's another bug. If you go to a member's profile and click on Recent Activity tab, it shows the member's activities + activities from the members you personally follow, which not suppose to happen.

If you use an RSS feed on the board to import posts, these do not show up on the feed.
it's found in
XF ADMIN --> applications --> feeder.

RSS feeder and News feed (Recent Activity) are completely different. RSS feeder create new threads base on your settings via cron while News feed (Recent Activity) display all its feed items. If RSS feeder inserted News feed item when posting new thread, it will display in News feed (Recent Activity)

Hi Milano, I've updated to the latest version but it seems the problem is still there. I tested using both my account and testing account. Now "Your News Feed", Recent Activity and Recent Activity (under member's profile page) all showing the same thing. Can you double check again? Thank you. :)

Reactions: Cao
RSS feeder and News feed (Recent Activity) are completely different. RSS feeder create new threads base on your settings via cron while News feed (Recent Activity) display all its feed items. If RSS feeder inserted News feed item when posting new thread, it will display in News feed (Recent Activity)
Yes, the point I am making is when RSS feeder posts a new thread the live feed does not register it. However if you refresh the page it appears.

Hi Milano, I've updated to the latest version but it seems the problem is still there. I tested using both my account and testing account. Now "Your News Feed", Recent Activity and Recent Activity (under member's profile page) all showing the same thing. Can you double check again? Thank you. :)

It works fine for me.
This is Recent Activity page
Recent Activity   XenForo.webp

This is my personal feed
Your News Feed   XenForo.webp

And this is my Recent Activity tab
Milano   XenForo.webp

Hi Milano, i recorded what is happening to my "Your News Feed". I cleared browser cache, use different account, different browser and etc but still the same.

In the recording, you will see that when you arrive or refresh the "Your News Feed" page, it will show the correct feed for merely half a second, then it will turn into Recent Activity instead of your personal feed. The same happens to member's profile Recent Activity. Maybe it clashes with some other addons?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9588244/news_feed.mp4

Hi Milano, i recorded what is happening to my "Your News Feed". I cleared browser cache, use different account, different browser and etc but still the same.

In the recording, you will see that when you arrive or refresh the "Your News Feed" page, it will show the correct feed for merely half a second, then it will turn into Recent Activity instead of your personal feed. The same happens to member's profile Recent Activity. Maybe it clashes with some other addons?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9588244/news_feed.mp4

Please ensure that all your files are updated. There are 2 important files that you should take a look: js/Milano/LiveFeed/live_feed.js and library/Milano/LiveFeed/ViewPublic/NewsFeed/View.php. And could you give me your addons list?

@Milano tried re-uploading the files from v1.1.1, still the same. Here's my addon list, sorry it's a long one. It's alright if you're not looking into it. :)

Attachments

• addons.webp
    addons.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 36
Yes I mean 1.2.5 :)
when there's 1.3.0 stable?
I have the habit of updating my software a while after a stable version is released and it's about allocating a perfect time to upgrade and ensure everything's running fine, since I use a lot of addons. :)

I have the habit of updating my software a while after a stable version is released and it's about allocating a perfect time to upgrade and ensure everything's running fine, since I use a lot of addons. :)

Please send me your board url and test account info via Conversation

Great idea but there is a problem. I can't understand it would be a bug when click Recent Activity tab on member profile, load item from Recent Activity page. It's not user's feed, it's global feed. I think it's just a bug or I'm not sure yet. Wait, did you try it Recent Activity global page? When automatic refresh, it displays to the same items.

Top Bottom