Add-on Live Feed for xenForo 2

Chromaniac

Live Feed is the most used add-on on my forum. It was last updated years ago and is no longer maintained by the developer. This would be the most important functionality that I would miss whenever I upgrade to XF2 in the coming months. I just hope that someone takes up this project and releases an add-on compatible with xF2 because it makes moderating forums a whole lot easier.

PS: I am interested in the self updating recent activity feed which can be checked here.

Last edited:
Live Feed is the most used add-on on my forum. It was last updated years ago and is no longer maintained by the developer. This would be the most important functionality that I would miss whenever I upgrade to XF2 in the coming months. I just hope that someone takes up this project and releases an add-on compatible with xF2 because it makes moderating forums a whole lot easier.

We would be interested in developing this addon, I am not sure yet, however, if it would be a free or paid release. In case we decide to release it as a paid plugin, it would cost around 15 USD with 10 USD yearly extension, based on a quick overview of its complexity. We will check back in this thread to see if there are any other users interested in this, and will confirm here, once we decide to develop it. It should not take more than a week to release it once we start working on it.

Thank you!

I am currently running a browser extension to refresh the Latest Activity page every 30 seconds lol. Provides a similar experience but something server side would be nice to have! Cheers.

We would be interested in developing this addon, I am not sure yet, however, if it would be a free or paid release. In case we decide to release it as a paid plugin, it would cost around 15 USD with 10 USD yearly extension, based on a quick overview of its complexity. We will check back in this thread to see if there are any other users interested in this, and will confirm here, once we decide to develop it. It should not take more than a week to release it once we start working on it.

Thank you!
Any update on this?

Any update on this?

We didn't have time to be back to this task, unfortunately, but we will consider implementing it. We still need to finish some other ongoing projects, but we should be able to release the initial version within 2 weeks. The price for the add-on will most likely be as mentioned above.

Thank you!

Yes and no. It does not have the functionality that Live Feed for XF1 has as it does not offer a live feed of recent activity / last activity.
I'm hoping for an addon that does offer it or an expansion of @Xon 's addon. Because having a live feed of new content has really changed my site. I cannot remove that functionality. An upgrade to XF2 would be a downgrade.

Last edited:
I am also supporting this request. We are upgrading our site to Xenforo 2.1, and this functionality is very important to our users.

Is there any chance of this happening?

What does this addon actually do?
Is it the same as Activity Stream of vB4?

It's very similar to that, except that the feed updates in real time. You don't have to refresh the page to see the latest activity.

I wonder if the folks at @DragonByte Tech would be interested in pursuing this? They created something similar for vBulletin 4.

Top Bottom