Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I developed this add-on using nginx, it is just adding caching & complex frameworks on top can lead in behaviour unexpected by the add-on.

I developed this add-on using nginx, it is just adding caching & complex frameworks on top can lead in behaviour unexpected by the add-on.

good to know, thanks - there's obviously something happening in the way Engintron forwards from nginx to apache but unfortunately i know next to nothing about how it works.

It is not active for guests but there is a script running on every page.

Working fine on XF 2.1.4 btw (y)

Xon updated Live Content with a new update entry:

1.1.0 - Feature update

• Require XF2.1+
  • Add options icon
  • Per-forum toggle for all threads or just specific threads which are live
    • Adds per-thread 'live' banner in thread list
    • Per-forum permission and per-thread UI to enable/disable live status for a thread.
  • Extend New Threads/Posts widget to filter by live threads
  • Workaround for (broken) environments which block etag/last-modified headers from being set by php, which results in this add-on not functioning as expected...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't know if this is relevant to this addon or the alert improvement addon, but I have confirmed that if your browser has a thread loaded and a new reply is posted, you don't get an alert marker. If you click the alert drop down you see the alert, but it is already marked as "Read". This causes a ton of my members to not realize there was a new reply. For members on slow 3G, they tell me they see the alert maker for a second and then it vanishes.

Reactions: the
Hi,
Am only now getting around to updating, permissions are enabled but whereabouts are then these features please?
How do we access them etc?
Many thanks!
You then need to disable the per forum option "All thread in forum are Live threads", then grant the forum permissions;
  • Enable Live Updates for Thread
  • View live threads

Hi,
I'm still having issues with this. I can't find nor see the options from a user POV and what on earth is live thread timer?

Top Bottom