• Profile Comments
  • Widgets: new posts/threads
  • Members online block
  • Forum index: last post
  • XFMG Comments
  • User Blog System: Blog Comments & Entry Comments
  • Article Management System: Article Comments
  • Current Visitors
Current visitors is something that vbulletin 3 had. It was quite useful to monitor what members, bots, attackers were doing. It would be nice to have that feature back.

Yeah I'm losing hope for this one.

Xon is still working his ass off to port all his addons to XF2. You can track progress here:
Its amazing that he found time to create the current addon. I'm sure he will look at possible features when he finds some time to breath.

Xon is still working his ass off to port all his addons to XF2. You can track progress here:
Its amazing that he found time to create the current addon. I'm sure he will look at possible features when he finds some time to breath.

I don't doubt that for a moment.

Expanding my ridiculously long list of suggestions:
  • Recent Activity
  • Profile Comments
  • Widgets: new posts/threads
  • Members online block
  • Forum index: last post
  • XFMG Comments
  • User Blog System: Blog Comments & Entry Comments
  • Article Management System: Article Comments
  • Current Visitors
Current visitors is something that vbulletin 3 had. It was quite useful to monitor what members, bots, attackers were doing. It would be nice to have that feature back.

Good list. Just those top two would be a game changer.

Yeah I'm losing hope for this one.

@Xon is one of the most active developers on here, and his addons are always rock solid. I'm sure he's working as hard as he can, we just have to be patient :)

@Xon one of our biggest complaints is the missing AJAX alerts in the lower left for alerts and conversations. What do you recommend for polling times to replicate this XF 1.5 feature?

Is it possible to add something like this?
@Xon

As a feature suggestion, currently looking at the demo it's sometimes fairly easy to miss a new post if you blink. Would be great to see a bit of animation and/or perhaps a little bit of temporary background highlighting of the new post/conversation/thread (in future) as they are polled and displayed.

And it would be also great addon
Is someone is typing a new message it show a notification about that in the thread view?

Even though this has been out nearly a year it's still alpha. Are admins using this with confidence?

Not in the short term, as I'm getting close to finishing Content Rating for XF2.1, plus other things in the pipeline. I do want to revisit this add-on to make it scale better and other features, but I have time constraints :(

Does this add on allow me to select a single thread and make the new posts appear automatically?

Possible to add live content on a thread basis based on the thread prefix?

This comment is my exact end goal. Be able to note the thread as a defined entity that is live refreshing for my users and only that thread is live refreshing. I have no need to use server resources to auto update an entire forum. Just event threads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom