Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Another thread led me to this addon, however, I am still not sure what it does. I have xx amount of spiders on my site, and 90% of these spiders/visitors are showing "viewing unknown page" If this addon will fix this, then please let me know.

Thank-You

Fairly unlikely, this add-on allows users to get counters (alerts/conversations) updated more frequently and for just posted posts in threads to be automatically loaded. Isn't going to help with "viewing unknown page" which is either an add-on issue or a XF core issue.

@Xon

As a feature suggestion, currently looking at the demo it's sometimes fairly easy to miss a new post if you blink. Would be great to see a bit of animation and/or perhaps a little bit of temporary background highlighting of the new post/conversation/thread (in future) as they are polled and displayed.

I bought this addon and enabled the permissions. Tried to test it with 2 accounts but the live alerts are not working :(

Any idea what I might do wrong?

You will need to open your browser developer tools (generally via "F12" key) and see if it is actually polling for changes (via a /live URL).

Debugging this add-on has honestly been a nightmare, as I keep running into issues on the front-end and with web-server configurations.

You will need to open your browser developer tools (generally via "F12" key) and see if it is actually polling for changes (via a /live URL).

Debugging this add-on has honestly been a nightmare, as I keep running into issues on the front-end and with web-server configurations.

It seems like it works for other users but me. I will have a look how it is working out :)

Ok. I set up a local XF2 install for dev work using Docker, and it seems to be polling and getting a 200 response back. I'm not seeing any visible changes, though. If someone is looking at the Latest Activity page, what changes would they expect to see?

It only live-updates inside threads, and conversations. Not latest activity or threadlists in various places.

This affects a few of my add-ons as they mostly use font-awesome icons, which annoyingly change from Font Awesome v4 (XF2.0.x) => Font Awesome v5 (XF2.1+)

Reactions: rdn
Expanding my ridiculously long list of suggestions:
  • Recent Activity
  • Profile Comments
  • Widgets: new posts/threads
  • Members online block
  • Forum index: last post
  • XFMG Comments
  • User Blog System: Blog Comments & Entry Comments
  • Article Management System: Article Comments
  • Current Visitors
Current visitors is something that vbulletin 3 had. It was quite useful to monitor what members, bots, attackers were doing. It would be nice to have that feature back.

Top Bottom