LiteSpeed vs. Apache

Bob_R

Can someone explain the differences to me and which they prefer over the other?

Is there an advantage to either?

Thanks!!

Few things I've found with OLS... you can't use the context like the show for LSW for your SSL Strict Transport Security. If you enable it as they show for LSW then your OLS site starts kicking you a 404 error.

Few things I've found with OLS... you can't use the context like the show for LSW for your SSL Strict Transport Security. If you enable it as they show for LSW then your OLS site starts kicking you a 404 error.
I used only Enterprise edition, and I use SSL - but never experienced any problems.

And it probably works fine with LSW.. but I have an 8GB VPS and I'm not going to pay $20 a month for something that doesn't get me THAT much of a gain for my current traffic.
OLS works fine generally and I don't have to have the Apache .htaccess compatibility since I'm already used to working with nginx and the "arcane" process it has.

With OLS if you define a context containing / for the URL and / for the location (as they demonstrate on their support site) and then make it active but no REALM info - your site then begins giving 404 errors.
I think it's just a bug in OLS, but I'm waiting on @lsmichael over on OpenLiteSpeed.com to respond to a post there.

Got my issue resolved after a few hours of head scratching on Strict Transport Security and using a context to get it to work. Still thinking it was a bug in the software (OLS). "Upgraded" to 1.4.3 BETA and the same thing was going on.

Top Bottom