Litespeed support forum was moved to Xenforo & SPDY will be supported on LSWS 5.0

Great news there. Was hoping for SPDY. Without it NGINX would have been very tempting.
Is there any ETA for LSWS 5?

Not only.
Official Litespeed Support forum replaced their vBulletin with Xenforo.
I know they moved from vB4....

You're not getting what I'm trying to say. This could be great things for xenForo customers like myself - because if they support xenForo by moving their own forums to xenForo they will start trying to support xenForo all the way.

That means: They will optimize the actual Lightspeed product to work with xenForo like a native product.

This will be their question in their mind: "How can we make Lightspeed a perfect solution for xenForo customers?"

I know they moved from vB4....

You're not getting what I'm trying to say. This could be great things for xenForo customers like myself - because if they support xenForo by moving their own forums to xenForo they will start trying to support xenForo all the way.

That means: They will optimize the actual Lightspeed product to work with xenForo like a native product.

This will be their question in their mind: "How can we make Lightspeed a perfect solution for xenForo customers?"

You obviously don't know very well then :)

And why would they optimize for one product? They wouldn't. Wasted resources. They will simply try to provide the best web server, end of.

You obviously don't know very well then :)
Actually, I do. :)
And why would they optimize for one product? They wouldn't. Wasted resources. They will simply try to provide the best web server, end of.
I'm not saying "they optimize for one product." I'm saying that since they have xenForo on their site, they would understand how to optimize xenForo better with each new LightSpeed software released. :) And finally... with your last sentence in bold, you're actually agreeing with me.

LightSpeed can be deployed on any server, so [once again] this is good.

(I'm hosting my sites on a lightspeed server. :))

Actually, I do. :)

I'm not saying "they optimize for one product." I'm saying that since they have xenForo on their site, they would understand how to optimize xenForo better with each new LightSpeed software released. :) And finally... with your last sentence in bold, you're actually agreeing with me.

LightSpeed can be deployed on any server, so [once again] this is good.

(I'm hosting my sites on a lightspeed server. :))

Well firstly, they were running vb3, not vb4.

Secondly, you seem to have a poor grasp of web server development. Them now using XenForo won't make the slightest bit of difference to their product development, your statement contradicts itself Carlos, only such gains would be made by spending time custom developing for XenForo, otherwise all they are doing is continuing to make a product which can serve up pages as quickly as possible, which is what they've been doing from the beggining. Attributing any future enhancements due to installing XenForo on their site is simply niave.

Top Bottom