1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of Hosts - Free and Paid

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Kaiser, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

2. D37

D37 Active Member

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is there any point in this?

You can go to google and type web hosting and it will give you 100 million results...
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

If theres no point in it are you replying?
    Im trying to help people here, by posting a list of hosts I found that are ok.

(post edited - Peggy)
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Added :)
  6. D37

D37 Active Member

List of reliable hosts
  7. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Ha ha. Hey man, are you going to have an aneurysm every time someone dares to question you? It's not an appealing trait.

Your list is pointless. Not to mention made up of a good number of crap hosts. A cynical person might think that the only reason you are posting here is to link to your forum. You should get used to people coming along and pointing that out.
    Brandon Sheley and Mikey like this.
  8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Id rather troll this one now you decided to just post a rather uncourteous reply. I was asking a legitimate question as to why you thought such a list is needed on a forum full of webmasters and you reply with that. GG.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

The reason I posted it is because recently people have been looking for hosts, and anything that is free is going to suck. I run a admin forum, so on my forum it comes in handy for people. So I decided to post it here as it may help others. Didnt post it for any other reason.
  10. D37

D37 Active Member

Your new style looks better Terroz.
    Terrorz likes this.
  11. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I use Site5. They aren't free but I find the prices reasonable and I've never had any issues with their hosting.
  12. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Without reviews the list is meaningless.
    And any host that oversells is going to suck to. And if you anything for free is going to suck, why bother listing it?
  13. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

There are about 2-3 other threads relating to hosting, one I made which was for hosts that support all the minimum features XenForo requires.

Not all of those hosts support MySQLi, which makes posting them pointless if the person who is going to host there wants to use XenForo (Not all hosts will install something because you asked).
  14. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Not really useful without any kind of comments, experiences, ratings or whatever in my humble opinion...
  15. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

So, to be helpful;

Unlimited everything, which is quite nice. However, also kinda slow at least where I am (the distance to America doesn't help, I know). Not that expensive, but I had to pay for 2 years immediately. Lot's of extra's though, and CPanel. Rarely any downtime, which is as expected. Basically the only negative experience I have with them is the speed which can get pretty annoying.
  16. copiertalk

copiertalk Member

They have bent backwards for me a number of times.
    They are not free or cheap but well worth the extra cost when it comes to a managed server, VPS or other hosting option.
    I can not count the number of times these guys/girls have bailed my butt out of the fire. I hope their service never changes like some have.
    *not paid for or endorsed by liquidweb. I am only a customer and my opionion may not apply to all customers involved.
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Thanks. Im glad you like it.
  18. Floris

Floris Guest

Adding to the list:

hostmaven.com, theplanet.com, and leaseweb.com is what i have experience with.
    I am with leaseweb.com right now - amazing customer support.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I added the 3 of them :)
  20. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Really, all you are doing is promoting your forum. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. It's the way you are going about it.
    Listing a bunch of websites is not providing any useful information to XenForo members.

Just the first few sites I found by googling webhosts find
    They all provide useful information. Reviews, prices, services provided.

Not to mention