List of all Application IDs of XenForo to date?

Robust

Do you have a list of all XF versions and its ids (so $version and $versionId) from XenForo to date? I'm working on a 'core' (if you like) to reduce boilerplate in my add-ons. I'm thinking of storing XF's versions and then my add-on can pick which ones it is and isn't compatible with, so is there a list? There might be a more efficient way of doing it, if you know.

The XF versioning takes the form ABBCCXY, where:
A = major version
BB = second point
CC = minor version
X = status
Y = version

With X being:
1 = alpha
3 = beta
5 = release candidate
7 = stable

So examples would be:
1.0.4 Beta 4 = 1000434
1.3.0 RC 2 = 1030052
1.4.2 = 1040270
1.5.0 Alpha 1 = 1050011
1.5.2 = 1050270

The XF versioning takes the form ABBCCXY, where:
A = major version
BB = second point
C C= minor version
X = status
Y = version

With X being:
1 = alpha
3 = beta
5 = release candidate
7 = stable

So examples would be:
1.0.4 Beta 4 = 1000434
1.3.0 RC 2 = 1030052
1.4.2 = 1040270
1.5.0 Alpha 1 = 1050011
1.5.2 = 1050270
Thanks Brogan!

I should add that in most cases, all you probably need to do is define a minimum version.

So in Install.php, you would have something like:
PHP:
<?php

class CTA_Criteria_Install
{
    public static function install($installedAddon)
    {
        if (XenForo_Application::$versionId < 1020070)
        {
            throw new XenForo_Exception('This add-on requires XenForo 1.2.0 or newer.', true);
        }
    }
}

I should add that in most cases, all you probably need to do is define a minimum version.

So in Install.php, you would have something like:
PHP:
<?php

class CTA_Criteria_Install
{
    public static function install($installedAddon)
    {
        if (XenForo_Application::$versionId < 1020070)
        {
            throw new XenForo_Exception('This add-on requires XenForo 1.2.0 or newer.', true);
        }
    }
}
Yeah, that's the approach I ended up taking:

Code:
    {
        if(\XenForo_Application::$version < $application->minimumXfVersion)
        {
            throw new \XenForo_Exception('Your XF version does not meet the minimum requirements for this add-on. Minimum XF version ID: ' . $application->minimumXfVersion, true);
        }

I did realise a bunch of problems. I initialise a new instance of Application which handles all of the tasks in the Core, since the Core add-on can be used by multiple add-ons that depend on it. What I realised later is I can't really store the object (I mean, storing it would be dumb), reinitialising it every time is also pretty dumb, so really, I'm a bit lost at this point. I'll figure it out though, I suppose. The Application stores all the info about the add-on which the rest of the helpers/functions rely on.

Top Bottom