• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Liscense

Robby

Hello,

I'm really thinking of buying xenforo but i have a few questions:

1. So you pay 140 dollar for the liscense. Is this for one year?
Then you pay 40 dollars a year for updates, are these all updates?
What if xenforo bring a whole new package for example?

2. Is there no way of integrating an existing phpbb forum?

Thanks in advance...

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The license is for life.

The annual fee is for ticket support and updates.

You can import phpBB via vB using Impex (which is what I did), or you can wait for the official phpBB importer.

James

1. You pay $140 to use the license, that's lifetime. You then pay $40 per year for official support and access to any upgrades (this isn't vital to pay every year, you can skip a year or 5).

2. Use ImpEx to import as a phpBB importer isn't available yet.

F

Floris

Yep, until June. We now refer the converts to one of our team member - He's been doing them with us on xenfans.
XenFans is focussing less on services and products, and more on content and xenforo in general.

Hello,

I'm really thinking of buying xenforo but i have a few questions:

2. Is there no way of integrating an existing phpbb forum?

Thanks in advance...
I recentely tried a phpbb2 conversion with IPB3.1 on a small board.

-phpbb2 to IPB3.1 using IPB's free converter.
-then IPB3.1 to XF using xenforos built in IPB3.1 BETA converter.
There were some glitches but it did 98% of the work.

If you don't have access to vb or ipb, then you might have to wait for an official converter or contact xfservices or other as mentioned.

Mikey

As others have said, there are numerous channels that we can take your data, be it through vBulletin via ImpEx, or through IPB via their free converters, I think you'll find that hiring someone is a lot cheaper than buying a brand new vBulletin or IPB license to put your data through as a conduit :)

You're welcome to contact me either via ticket on xfservices.com (free client account required), or via PM on xenforo.com and if you like we can discuss it further :)