Linode vps vs servint vps

Linode is unmanaged, while Servint is managed, so it is more an issue of what you want.

If you're comfortable dealing with your own server, I'd suggest Linode (I think they give some support, not sure though) but if you're not Servint is your best bet.

I use Linode at the moment and I must say, I love their service. Their control panel is also very easy to use, even when you're out and about and need to access it through their iPhone app. Their customers can be a big help on the IRC whenever you're having problems too but as Forsaken said, Linode is more of dealing with your own server but they have a wikipedia-type thing going on for how to setup everything (For each OS) to get your server in running shape.

I use Linode at the moment and I must say, I love their service. Their control panel is also very easy to use, even when you're out and about and need to access it through their iPhone app. Their customers can be a big help on the IRC whenever you're having problems too but as Forsaken said, Linode is more of dealing with your own server but they have a wikipedia-type thing going on for how to setup everything (For each OS) to get your server in running shape.
Agreed.

I've had a Servint VPS for two years now, and highly recommend them. I've used at least three other VPS services over the years and Servint has been the best by far. I've heard Linode is great but I want WHM/Cpanel and all that comes with it so I can focus on running websites.

Great service with Linode. I have been with them for over two years. Only one issue that they caused. It was taken care of promptly. The owners/operators frequent their discussion forum. They are dedicated to good service.

Linode is discussing a managed service option. It sounds like they are moving ahead with the plans but it is not yet available even in beta.

Jeff

Linode vps vs servint vps which would you recommend and why?
Linode is unmanaged and Servint is managed. Hard to make a recommendation without to know something about what your skill level in managing your own server is. To be honest, and correct me if I am wrong, just by you asking this question kind of gives away that you don't really know much about running a server.

If that is true then buying unmanaged service is probably not what you want unless you have a lot of time to burn on learning how it all works and the desire and dedication to actually learn it.

If you are considering managed then I would suggest to also look at Liquid Web since they offer more resources/service for a lower price than Servint.
See: Liquidweb.com VPS/Dedicated/Cloud XenForo Hosting Recommendation

Top Bottom