XF 1.4 Links on FB say 'error' in the preview

squirrly

If a member of our forum posts a link on FB, the preview in FB always says:

Error | TheBabywearer.com Forums

I'd really love to change that 'error' to pretty much anything else. Any idea how/where?

I'm guessing that's because you don't allow guests to view the threads in question. Facebook is actually getting an error (probably a no permission page).

That's my guess too. We allow them to see the list of threads but not open threads... Anything I could tweak to get rid of the error but keep our security the same?

It's not possible to share content which is not visible to guests, which Facebook is classed as.

It's no different to posting a link here, someone clicking it and receiving a no permission to view error.

I understand that. I don't want the content to preview. I just don't want it to say error instead. If I could literally just remove the word error I'd be happy.

The page is very likely the standard no permission page, so there isn't really a way built into XF to change that for just this case. I believe you could change the "error" template, but that is for every error that can get triggered.

Top Bottom