1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Link Postbit Messages Count To List Of Messages For That User

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ProCom, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

I really like having as many links and access points to data as possible. I was surprised that once I made "Messages" visible in postbit that clicking on the number didn't take me to a search / display of all that user's messages.

Is there a way to do this, to link the number and maybe even the text to the search page with all that member's posts?

On a related note, what about linking the "likes received" to a page that shows which content they posted has been liked?

Thanks much in advance for your help!!!
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Likes received works on a per user basis and can't easily be searched for:

As for messages, the install I have on 1.2.0 (and confirmed here) has them linked already:
                            <dd><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" class="concealed">{xen:number $user.message_count}</a></dd>
    Have you modified message_user_info?
  3. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

OMG I'm such an idiot! For some reason when I was posting this it wasn't hyperlinking for me, but guess what... it sure is right now!

Ok, so this thread isn't totally useless... ;) Is there a way to link the "Likes Received" to show other users the likes you've received (vs. a member seeing their own likes received)? Basically making other people's likes public?
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll need an add-on.