• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Link Directory

CTXMedia

If there's no one already working on one - could I suggest a link directory plugin for xF?

It could use the styling of your xF forum, as well as your userbase and group settings, and would - ideally - have custom fields so you could add things like address / tel / map link etc. as well as the link info.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

If there's no one already working on one - could I suggest a link directory plugin for xF?​

It could use the styling of your xF forum, as well as your userbase and group settings, and would - ideally - have custom fields so you could add things like address / tel / map link etc. as well as the link info.​
Cheers,​
Why would you want to add custom fields to a linklist?
With custom fields it would be a "great directory"(which is also on my todolist) but not a linklist^^

I just want to know this, because my developer started planing this....
See more details of the 1. version here^^

For me, in particular, I wanted custom fields because my directory was for Bicycle Shops (many of which are small independents that don't have web sites), and I wanted to list their address, telephone number, brands of bike they stock, etc.

I've created one in MyPHPDirectory but it doesn't link-in to the user/permissions system, so an integrated one would be ideal - allowing settings such as the ability to add/edit listings, have listing "owners" who submit them, grant privs based on usergroup membership, etc.

More complex than a simple link list, but comprehensive enough to offer greater depth and usefulness for non-web-based listings too.

Cheers,

The one thing missing form many a link list is the ability to track reciprocal links, you know the guys who email you for a link exchange, you place a link on your site, they place a reciprocal link on their site and a couple of weeks later they remove your link. :mad:

I would like to submit a request for a directory listing mod for XenForo, I am sure that a few forums could benefit from such a mod.

Because a directory is rather simular to a Recipe Directory I would love to see a directory built for XF but also modified to a recipe directory which I also feel could also be popular.

Here are a few things that I think that a XenForo directory should have, Feel free to post your own thoughts and suggestions.

• Permission based Directory Listings
  • Map integration
  • Admin option to show the most viewed listings first
  • Rating system that takes advantage of Rich Snippets
  • Reviews (basically comments but renamed)
  • Ability to edit ratings given
  • XenForo look and feel

I'd suggest trying to port xf with phpld TBH
Why rebuild the whole wheel when phpld is a well known directory script with TONS of mods already.

Just the login would need shared. :)

I tried to make phpLD match my forum theme but failed horribly (here :oops:) I'm going to scrap that soon and wait for an xF addon, I would be willing to pay for this.

I've not heard of anyone starting one.

I'll up the ante - I'll offer $100 towards the coding of one. (y)

Top Bottom