Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

@au lait - There is some uncompatible things when we have this addon (latest version) installed, and Andy's Show Deleted addon installed.
I have posted about that error in Andys addon thread (link) and when Andy look up, we found that your addon is clashing with his addon.
When this addon is disabled, Show Delete addon working as it shoud be.
I think that this uncompatible error begun with latest version of this addon.

Could you please look for solution?
Thank you
@au lait
This addon also conflict with Thread reply banner addon.
Problem was that phc_LinkDirectory it wasn't calling; "parent::_discussionPostSave();"
After changing that conflict gone. It was clashed with several addons too (moderator essentials, conversation essentials, moderator macros...).

Could you please fix that bug in newer version?
Thank you

I have this error fixed a week ago! The Realseas of 2.9 may come this week.

current Changelog 2.9:
[fixed] Gutter-Size had no effect
[fixed] if the date is hidden, the comma remained
[fixed] in the URL of the images were two /
[fixed] LD Thread was not deleted correctly
[fixed] Import Bookmarks
[fixed] Recent Activity Bug (template)
[fixed] Recent Activity Bug
[fixed] Performance Fix - for more as 10k Links

[add] Ribbon/Icon Option for Status
[add] Hover Effekt
[add] Privacy settings for "Your Links" and "Your Bookmarks"
[add] Reviews

[remove] Style Property

[*] Many many design improvements

@au lait or anyone else - is there anyone willing to teach me how to make this display links in a WordPress widget?

I use WordPress as my homepage and would love to display the last 10-20 links submitted with a title and a tiny thumbnail. AND I would like to display the last 10 links as a widget in my WordPress posts.

Don't need link description, category, tags, prefixes, etc or any other details. Just clickable title and a thumbnail is all I need.

Thanks if anyone can help out. This would be great for my particular site.

Last edited:

I don't see any RSS feeds on the test page except for the default XF feed in the bottom right.

I'd like to see links exported via feed, so users can subscribe and see new links that come in.

I can also probably use an RSS feed for links to display links on a WordPress widget.

It seems like you are importing links via a feed, but I'd like to export them with a thumbnail and title.

I can add an Icon! Calling the Page "http://demo.xenmade.com/linkdirectory/" in a RSS Reader is sufficient

I tested it in WordPress and it doesn't work for me. I used your link: http://demo.xenmade.com/linkdirectory/.

There's a good amount of people using WordPress as a homepage or blog. Now...if we could post this in the RSS reader and it works, then we can promote our directory links site wide and increase VIP link sales. ;)

It would be extremely beneficial to ensure it works as a proper RSS. We don't need much, just the title, link, and thumbnail would be enough. Category, prefix, clicks, etc - all that data won't be needed in an RSS.

rss results.webp rss test.webp

I have this error fixed a week ago! The Realseas of 2.9 may come this week.
Some error triggered with report (moderator essential addon)

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error::$redirectType - library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Report.php:27
Generated By: Branko, Yesterday at 14:48
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Report.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 27, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): phc_LinkDirectory_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Report->actionUpdate()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/reports/928/update"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/reports/928/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["report_state"] => string(8) "resolved"
    ["comment"] => string(0) ""
    ["save"] => string(13) "Update Report"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Some error triggered with report (moderator essential addon)

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error::$redirectType - library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Report.php:27
Generated By: Branko, Yesterday at 14:48
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Report.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 27, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): phc_LinkDirectory_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Report->actionUpdate()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/reports/928/update"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/reports/928/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["report_state"] => string(8) "resolved"
    ["comment"] => string(0) ""
    ["save"] => string(13) "Update Report"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
Fixed! Thanks!

https://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=https://netrider.net.au/linkdirectory/index.rss

Code:
Sorry

This feed does not validate.
line 2, column 0: Undefined root element: errors [help]
<errors>
In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendation.
"text/xml" media type is not specific enough [help]

v2.8

@au lait - can you make it possible to IMPORT links via RSS and have it check daily for new links?

I'd like to run some of my network links through this instead of creating them manually. Would be a really good feature for anyone who has multiple sites or networks with others.

Suggestion....

On the page that users get when they copy the link on the "share" page that leads to the "info" page, it would be very helpful to have the thumbnail listed as the logo.og for that page.

Reason is because many social media sites rely on the logo.og image when embedding links.

If we share one of our link directory urls on Facebook, it just shows up like a blank link with no picture/thumbnail, even though the info page DOES have one, it's simply not being read.

I'm talking about these types of links:

http://domain.com/news/link/title-of-link.6/view

Top Bottom