1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Link causes thread to error...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Paul, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Ok so a user of mine tried to put a link in a conversation on my board, however it failed.... also t fails if inserted in a thread....

Link : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet

Error :
    Code:
    Error Info
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xAB Pins...' for column 'message' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Stack Trace
    #0 **********/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 **********/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 **********/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
    #3 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_post', Array)
    #4 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
    #5 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
    #6 **********/public_html/community/library/MetaMirror/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(24): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #7 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(548): MetaMirror_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
    #8 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #9 **********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #10 **********/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #11 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(90) "http://**********/community/threads/replying-to-conversation-error.7789/add-reply"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(198) "<p><a href="http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet">http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet</a><br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(81) "http://**********/community/threads/replying-to-conversation-error.7789/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "71202a0e05a80296b6c447d297e91ffb"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1386683665"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1386683665"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(55) "/community/threads/replying-to-conversation-error.7789/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

Has anyone any clues as to where the problem might lie??

Many thanks
    Paul

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you add the link and disable MetaMirror, does it still error out?

3. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Ahh i see what you have done there..... I missed it on reading through the error....

Will check and get back in a couple... Many thanks Jeremy....

4. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Interesting.... Have disabled Metamirror, however still get the error, and still get the mention to Metamirror... I'll ping the author and see if he can assist, since it's possibly looking that way...

Cheers
    Paul

5. Jeremy

How did you disable MetaMirror?

6. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Options -> Metamirror and then unticked "Enable MetaMirror Image Rehosting" and "Instant Reshosting"... Then saved and re-posted.... o_O

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's caused by an add-on that changes links to their page titles.

8. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

You'll need to disable the addon;)

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think that's @Chris Deeming's add-on, which has already been reported and he has acknowledged.

10. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Which is that Paul???

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

12. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Mike - Dont quite get what you mean... you're saying it's an issue with the link itself and where it points to??

DOH!!! - It's been a long day already, and it's only 16:30.....:LOL:

13. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

14. Jeremy

Although its been solved, I'd like to point out when its mentioned to "Disable an add-on", we mean going into the add-ons and actually disabling the add-on from the add-on list (it is a checkbox) and not any internal options of the add-on. Alternatively, you can add the configuration option to globally disable listeners.

Paul likes this.