Link behind protected Forum is still working

But I put the files in the public_html folder... That doesn't make it a Xenforo page?

So even if I create a XF page and then place the link in that page, the link itself will never be a XF page, correct? Is it even possible to make the flip book then a XF page?

That makes a lot of sense, Rob, didn't follow that thread of thought. So these flip books are .html files. How can I embed them into a XF page and so protect them? If I just create a regular page and then place the same link above within that page, then the link is still unprotected.

I'm still unsure of how to make the flip book available but as protected content.

Can you paste the contents (the HTML) into a Xenforo Page?

(Your flip book example won't lod on my iPad so I can't see exactly what it is. I assume it's not just HTML though so that might not work...)

No, there is an entire folder of 'things' in it that I had to upload. It's one of those flip books that makes a sound when you flip the page, you can zoom in and out, etc. Definitely not something I can just drag into a page.

Is there a way to create a protected folder and place all the ebooks in that folder? I don't really know my way our the public_html folder too well.

Thank you. :-)

Can you copy/paste the contents into a xenforo page node type? (or whatever they call it)

No, sadly, the contents are where they are. It's like when you create a Camtasia video, you have all these extra files that go with the folder. This is the same. The alternative is to create exe files, but that I definitely don't want because then I have issues with people needing help with download, yadda yadda.

There has to be a way...:)

Ok, I tried getting a hold of xfrocks but no answer.

I'm still not clear how a protected folder is going to protect a flip book with an html extension. As far as my very limited knowledge goes, an html file is not an attachment, correct? So if it's not part of a forum or a folder, how can a php code protect it like we can protect attachments (since it's not an attachment)?

Is there another solution?

I think the suggestion was that the flipbook HTML be uploaded into a folder that was protected so that the contents of the folder (the flipbook) couldn't be accessed.

To tie this in to XF's permission system would require an addon.

Top Bottom