XF 1.2 Lines between posts - How to create more post separation?

ProCom

I've been having a TON of fun exploring many great styles / themes for xF. I've found some REALLY great ones!

One thing I'm struggling with is that in many themes there isn't very strong / significant demarcation between individual posts.

I can't find where in the style settings to make the line between posts bigger or find other ways to create distinction and separation between individual posts. For example:

upload_2013-9-26_18-57-42.webp

In your EXTRA.css
Code:
.messageList .message {
border-top: 5px solid #d7edfc;
}
And change the color to what you want. There is probably a style property to do it, but I prefer EXTRA.css (since I categorize my mods in there).

Thanks for the quick reply! I added that to my EXTRA.css, saved, and refreshed, but I don't see any differences. For reference I'm testing this on the "Whisper 2" style, but I'd like to figure it out on all styles.

Thanks for the quick reply! I added that to my EXTRA.css, saved, and refreshed, but I don't see any differences. For reference I'm testing this on the "Whisper 2" style, but I'd like to figure it out on all styles.
Try adding an !important after it. I did that on a default style and it worked. You also have to be sure that you added it to the style you are using EXTRA.css. It could also be already set in the style you are using.
Also what is your site so I can try out via Chrome Developer.

Ok, a similar line location question. When members create a new conversation or a new topic the lines between the text box and the background are SUPER tiny / thin. I could mess with the colors of the Whisper theme, but I'd much rather find the location of the line and make it thicker. BTW, is there a map for all this location stuff somewhere?

See example here:

upload_2013-10-20_13-23-23.webp

Top Bottom