XF 1.2 Limiting total signature size

lukeer31

Hi there, i have been attempting to limit the signature size on my forums, however it has need been working.
In my EXTRA.css template i have added the following
HTML:
.message .signature{
max-height: 150px !important;
overflow-x: auto !important;
overflow-y: auto !important;
}
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 100px !important;
max-width: 200px !important;
}

However it does not limit the size, signatures can still be huge as normal, which is what i am trying to stop. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Luke

The CSS is different in 1.2.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181037

How can I limit the size of images in signatures?
Add this to the EXTRA.css template:
Code:
.signature.messageText img {
max-width: 200px;
}
Adjust the size to suit, or substitute for a percentage.
Note that the images will still zoom to full size when clicked. To prevent that append the max-width with !important, for example max-width: 200px !important;.

The CSS is different in 1.2.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181037

How can I limit the size of images in signatures?
Add this to the EXTRA.css template:
Code:
.signature.messageText img {
}
Adjust the size to suit, or substitute for a percentage.
Note that the images will still zoom to full size when clicked. To prevent that append the max-width with !important, for example max-width: 200px !important;.

Thank you! What about if i just wanted to limit the size of the entire signature? Would it be something like this?
Code:
.signature.messageText  {
max-height: 150px;
}

*EDIT*

I just tried adding the given code to the EXTRA.css template and it did not have any affect, not sure what i did wrong. However i have now used the signature limits to limit the amount of rubbish people can fill their signatures with, i would like like the image size limit however

Last edited:
Top Bottom