Limited Guest Viewing

Limited Guest Viewing [Paid] 1.7.3

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Curious if this issue is related as I too am running XPress as well as a UIX set of themes and wanted to avoid some headaches early on for a change

This issue needs to be resolved by the UIX team, not me.

The error says:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getController() on bool src/addons/Wutime/LimitedGuestViewing/XF/Session/Session.php:26
Generated by: Unknown account Feb 6, 2020 at 6:44 PM
Stack trace

However, that function is not a BOOL function in native XF. Only after UIX addons are enabled does it suddenly become a boolean function.

They've done some "hacking" of the code unless I'm shown differently.

The worst part, I can't recreate the issue when installed locally.

The error says:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getController() on bool src/addons/Wutime/LimitedGuestViewing/XF/Session/Session.php:26
Stack trace

However, that function is not a BOOL function in native XF. Only after UIX addons are enabled does it suddenly become a boolean function.

Thanks, have any of you logged the issue? I would but prefer not to take my board down so I can copy an error.

@Jake B. and @Dalton Prock can hopefully help here.

The error says:

Code:
Stack trace

As above, anyone logged it with TH? Is this confirmed as a breaking issue for those with XPress? I've yet to download or install the addon but if we're at a stalemate with this I'll need to return it back to the owner :)

As above, anyone logged it with TH? Is this confirmed as a breaking issue for those with XPress? I've yet to download or install the addon but if we're at a stalemate with this I'll need to return it back to the owner

I'm not sure I follow but here's my take:

A) I can't reproduce the error
B) The error clearly shows that XF's native function getController() returns a boolean type.

The problem with (B) is that in native XF, getController() is NOT a boolean return, therefore, whatever XPRESS has done overrides and natively changes the return type for getController(). Herein lies the issue.

If the above is true, XPRESS will likely break any AddOn that requires the correct return of getController(). Hopefully, in time, with enough reported issues like this, XPRESS will correct the issue.

I'm not sure I follow but here's my take:

A) I can't reproduce the error
B) The error clearly shows that XF's native function getController() returns a boolean type.

The problem with (B) is that in native XF, getController() is NOT a boolean return, therefore, whatever XPRESS has done overrides and natively changes the return type for getController(). Herein lies the issue.

If the above is true, XPRESS will likely break any AddOn that requires the correct return of getController(). Hopefully, in time, with enough reported issues like this, XPRESS will correct the issue.

Thanks. I'll ping @Lukas W. And see if he is able to comment. I guess I will try the add on and see.

I'd like to read that update entry but it says I don't have permission to view this page. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Appearance -> Search templates -> Choose ( [Wutime] Limited Guest Viewing )

You'll see the two available templates to make any customizations you may want to do.
How do you change the text color in the box, I found the background and boarder color, but not the color for the text?

Hi,

These are in the templates and pretty easy to manage.

I'll walk you through how to do it and then you'll find things easier moving forward for this, or any other add-on:
  1. Login to your control panel
  2. Under "Appearance", click on "Search Templates" (admin.php?templates/search)
  3. Change the Add-On dropdown to "[Wutime] Limited Guest Viewing"
  4. Click "Search" button
  5. All related add-on templates will now be listed
The template you need is "wutime_lgv.less", this has some CSS colour values you can change, et cetera.

The other two templates are for the notices, one as a block message (shown after they exceed their view limits), the other is the "warn" template, which is the blue warning that "you have X views remaining".

Cheers, Wu

@Wutime Does support restrict views for users who have not validate their email?

Advanced Guest View Essentials.

• Enable restrict views for users who have not validate their email. (You have reached the maximum number of views available on this site without having confirmed your email. Please confirm your email address for unlimited access.)
  • Hide posts except the first post
  • Renew after X amount of hours
  • Merge functionality from this add-on without installing two add-on. So this all Limited Guest related functional in one add-on.

Hi there, before I buy I just want to ensure...

The addon blocks visitors after x-views on the posts which I find cool and then it shows the registration form.
When it comes to search engine bots, does it still let them crawl all of the content? and if so, how are these crawlers identified? does Xenforo do that or is there a bot file I can update from time to time?

Thank you very much

Top Bottom