Lack of interest Limit the number of daily/weekly/monthly registrations

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Khaleal

Like the title says. This feature may be useful to big board that are not interested in big number of new registrations. This may be disabled/enabled/configured from the admin control panel.
Like the post if you support the idea.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just due to personal interest:
  • Why would a board not be interested in new registrations?
  • Also why the reference to big boards? I mean, isn't it very likely that especially big boards always will have a lot of new registrations compared to smaller ones?
Maybe I am stupid here, but I don't get it... :(

Just due to personal interest:
  • Why would a board not be interested in new registrations?
Maybe I am stupid here, but I don't get it... :(

It depends on a lot of factors why someone would not like any new members. You can also enforce the limit for example on certain times like you are on vacation or for when are very busy with other stuff and you do not have much free time to spend on your forum and you want to close the registration off. Otherwise your forum could be spammed up and it will cause you a lot of headache to clean it up.

You can also enforce the limit for example on certain times like you are on vacation or for when are very busy with other stuff and you do not have much free time to spend on your forum and you want to close the registration off.
Hmm... okay, but if you run a big board, I guess it is not a single person anymore who is watching all the things that are happening. I get the idea behind that for small (and very small) board though, so I am half convinced. :p

Hmm... okay, but if you run a big board, I guess it is not a single person anymore who is watching all the things that are happening. I get the idea behind that for small (and very small) board though, so I am half convinced. :p

Maybe someone who has a big board gets fed up with new members. To each its own.

Personally, I manually approve new registrations so they don't violate our policy. If I don't approve new members for few days, I will be back with thousands of members awaiting approval and this is very annoying.
Limiting the number of daily new registrations will save me a lot of work, Also, In my forum, limiting the number of registrations will make a membership more "valuable".
The feature may be also useful for small boards as well for the same reason.

Like the title says. This feature may be useful to big board that are not interested in big number of new registrations. This may be disabled/enabled/configured from the admin control panel.
Like the post if you support the idea.
This is exactly the ressource I am searching.

I am not interested in deactivation of all new registrations but due to school holidays/vacations the registration rates go higher then useful for an intact comunity. To limit the flooding of new users during times like this it would be great to have this feature.

Top Bottom