XF 1.1 limit registration to certain e-mail accounts

erich37

I would like to hinder users from registering at my forum using e-mail-accounts like Gmail.com or Yahoo.com
Is there a way to set this in the ACP-options? How to do this properly?

I would also like to add a text underneath the "e-mail-field" at the Registration-page saying "We do not allow registrations using Gmail.com or Yahoo.com accounts...."

How and where to add this text?

Many thanks!

ACP Search: email

Ban the email accounts or domains as required.

Edit the register_form template to add your text.
Replace the email section with this:
Rich (BB code):
<dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_email">{xen:phrase email}:</label></dt>
        <dd><input type="email" name="email" value="{$fields.email}" dir="ltr" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_email" />
        <p class="explain">Your text here.</p></dd>
</dl>
Replace Your text here. as required.

ACP Search: email

Ban the email accounts or domains as required.

Hi Brogan,

I have searched for "email" in ACP, but could not find a way of how to block user-registrations when users are using an Email-service like "gmail.com" or "hotmail.com", etc.
Could you please give me some further instructions of how to do this?

Many thanks!

Hey what Brogan has showed helps a lot. But is there a way to only allow registration for certain email domains, rather than having to disallow everything.

Badly explained my point, but what I am looking for is only allowing people from inside the company to register eg. only people with ***@somecompany.com and **@somesimilarcompany.com to be allowed to create an account?

Hey what Brogan has showed helps a lot. But is there a way to only allow registration for certain email domains, rather than having to disallow everything.

Badly explained my point, but what I am looking for is only allowing people from inside the company to register eg. only people with ***@somecompany.com and **@somesimilarcompany.com to be allowed to create an account?

You will need a custom mod for that.

Top Bottom