******* - Limit Post to Enter Forums [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Posts To Enter Forums On A Forum Per Forum Basis (version 1.0) - It sets a post count on a forum per forum basis for your members to enter them

This hack will allow you to set a post count on a forum per forum basis for your members to enter them. Members with less posts set by you will see those post count accessed forums but they will not be allowed to access. Instead they will get an error message.

You can se the post count needed to enter a forum separately for each forum at your Acp->Applications->Node Tree and choose the forum that you want to set a post count limit for your members to enter it. All the way to the bottom of the...

Read more about this resource...

this plugin include option to check 10,20, 30 post to user have acces on thread??

Yes regarding the posts. You can set the post count you want. However it is for individual forums and all threads within that forum. It is not for individual threads.

Members with less posts set by you will see those post count accessed forums but they will not be allowed to access. Instead they will get an error message.

Could you please include an option in your add-on to set whether we want to allow them to see the forums which are post count protected?

Btw what happens if I set for example a minimum post count requirement of 100 to a node called "Off Topic" and then the member goes directly to https://xenforo.com/community/forums/off-topic.7/create-thread will they be allowed to create a new thread (or reply to a existing ones) if they know the URL or will they see an error message?

Thanks!

Could you please include an option in your add-on to set whether we want to allow them to see the forums which are post count protected?

Btw what happens if I set for example a minimum post count requirement of 100 to a node called "Off Topic" and then the member goes directly to https://xenforo.com/community/forums/off-topic.7/create-thread will they be allowed to create a new thread (or reply to a existing ones) if they know the URL or will they see an error message?

Thanks!

Atm I do not have much free time for coding so I won''t be expanding the mod any further,

They will be blocked for entering the post protected forum and all the threads within that forum, if they enter the url manually or otherwise.

Having an issue with this modification. I wrote Borbole yesterday but haven't gotten a response:

MsJacquiiC said:
Hey Borbole. I'm having an issue with this file. I've installed the 2nd PostForums.zip -- The 7.0KB file.
I set the post number via the AdminCP and save - but the number does not save and a user with zero posts can still enter the forum:

View attachment 87912

Help with this please will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Can anyone help with this please?

J.

I don't know if this is standard practice. But I'm not happy.
I purchased this modification on Thursday. I was sent the wrong file write out of the gate. Thus far - I have been sent 4 different files, none of which are working correctly. I haven't gotten a reply from @borbole since Thursday. Here's the emails I've received from Borbole, with email addresses redacted:

bf-postforums-email.gif

This is HIGHLY unprofessional and not at all what I expected when I paid for this add-on.
@borbole ==> This is ridiculous! I'll appreciate it if you send me the correct file, provide support for the 3 wrong files you've sent me or refund my money!
I'm not happy at all with the way this has turned out thus far. Very bad business dude! And quite shocking. You're one of the more talented coders on Xenforo.com ... or so that I had believe. (n)

J.

I don't know if this is standard practice. But I'm not happy.
I purchased this modification on Thursday. I was sent the wrong file write out of the gate. Thus far - I have been sent 4 different files, none of which are working correctly. I haven't gotten a reply from @borbole since Thursday. Here's the emails I've received from Borbole, with email addresses redacted:

View attachment 87952

This is HIGHLY unprofessional and not at all what I expected when I paid for this add-on.
@borbole ==> This is ridiculous! I'll appreciate it if you send me the correct file, provide support for the 3 wrong files you've sent me or refund my money!
I'm not happy at all with the way this has turned out thus far. Very bad business dude! And quite shocking. You're one of the more talented coders on Xenforo.com ... or so that I had believe. (n)

J.

I sent you the wrong file by accident as I was emailing to several other users as well at the time. And I apologized for it. And the other mod file I sent it was to adjust it to your claims that it did not work.

Also I haven''t been able to log in online for the past day, hence why I haven''t been able to reply to you. Frankly I don''t see why you are so shocked. Sending the wrong file by accident happens. At the most you got a free mod out of it :D Also RL takes priority and I can''t be online 24 hours a day. It is not like I was online and ignored you.

Anyway, I sent you another file. Personally I can not reproduce your issue. You can see the mod at my forum:

http://caraholics.eu/forums/test-forum.75/

Log in with username and password: test. It is set to have 15 posts to enter that forum.

As you can see the mod works fine. I would need your forum url and an admin account to check your claims for myself directly at your forum. Otherwise, short of developing psychic powers, there is nothing that I can do about it.

I sent you the wrong file by accident as I was emailing to several other users as well at the time. And I apologized for it. And the other mod file I sent it was to adjust it to your claims that it did not work.

Also I haven''t been able to log in online for the past day, hence why I haven''t been able to reply to you. Frankly I don''t see why you are so shocked. Sending the wrong file by accident happens. At the most you got a free mod out of it :D Also RL takes priority and I can''t be online 24 hours a day. It is not like I was online and ignored you.

Anyway, I sent you another file. Personally I can not reproduce your issue. You can see the mod at my forum:

Log in with username and password: test. It is set to have 15 posts to enter that forum.

As you can see the mod works fine. I would need your forum url and an admin account to check your claims for myself directly at your forum. Otherwise, short of developing psychic powers, there is nothing that I can do about it.

Thanks Borbole - I got the email and will try the new file.

And honestly - I'm speaking on behalf of a client here. If it were my forum - I would not be as concerned. But you've sent me 4 different files. The first file was another add-on entirely, a ban forum modification. The next 3 files you sent were entitled "PostForum" -- each .zip archive a different filesize, none of which seem to work properly. So I'm not making a "claim" - I am stating a fact.

And I have no doubt that the modification is working correctly on your forum. The name "Borbole" has been on my radar screen since vB 3.6 or something. I've always appreciate your contributions to the admin community - which is why I'm a bit surprised to be having an issue with your modification.

As I'm speaking on behalf of a client - I'll need permission before granting access to her AdminCP. I'll reply to your email a little later. Thanks so much for your reply though! I hope you're having a great weekend anyway ;)

J.

Mistakes happen. I don't really see the big deal as he made good on his mistake. I own several @borbole 's add-ons. His quality of work is outstanding an unlike a majority of developers here, he fixes bugs fast.

Mistakes happen. I don't really see the big deal as he made good on his mistake. I own several @borbole 's add-ons. His quality of work is outstanding an unlike a majority of developers here, he fixes bugs fast.
I agree. His work is outstanding. This is why I was surprised at having an issue at all. At the time of your email though Mike, he had not made good on his mistake. And I of all people know that mistakes are made - I certainly make my share - but it was the timeliness in which the mistake was finally corrected that I had a bit of an issue with. But it's been sorted now.

Borbole PMed me Sunday morning. He did apologize again about whatever issue I was encountering with the Post Forums add-on. He then sent me a slightly more expensive and more feature-rich add-on in the Extra Forum View Settings On A Forum Per Forum Basis modification! I've installed it and it works perfectly!

@borbole - I just wanted to say thank you very much for making this situation right for me and for my client. As I said in an earlier post - the quality of your work is legendary. I'm not sure how or why I was having an issue with the Post Forums add-on. But my client is quite happy with the additional functionality of your Extra Forum Settings mod. I'm sure I'll be purchasing more from you in the future. And I know you said you wouldn't be logging in for a while. Here's wishing you an enjoyable break. Cheers!
cheersc.gif

J.

I agree. His work is outstanding. This is why I was surprised at having an issue at all. At the time of your email though Mike, he had not made good on his mistake. And I of all people know that mistakes are made - I certainly make my share - but it was the timeliness in which the mistake was finally corrected that I had a bit of an issue with. But it's been sorted now.

Borbole PMed me Sunday morning. He did apologize again about whatever issue I was encountering with the Post Forums add-on. He then sent me a slightly more expensive and more feature-rich add-on in the Extra Forum View Settings On A Forum Per Forum Basis modification! I've installed it and it works perfectly!

@borbole - I just wanted to say thank you very much for making this situation right for me and for my client. As I said in an earlier post - the quality of your work is legendary. I'm not sure how or why I was having an issue with the Post Forums add-on. But my client is quite happy with the additional functionality of your Extra Forum Settings mod. I'm sure I'll be purchasing more from you in the future. And I know you said you wouldn't be logging in for a while. Here's wishing you an enjoyable break. Cheers!
cheersc.gif

J.

You are very welcome :)

P.s. You caught me in a "bad" time so to speak. As the next day after we last spoke together I was going on holiday and I wouldn''t have been able to investigate the issue further. I also did not want to leave you like that with a mod that was not working. Anyway, glad to see that the second mod worked and your client is happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom