Add-on Limit Guest Post Views

robdog

I know there is a plug-in that limits the number of characters for a post, but I was looking for a plugin that allows 25 thread page views and then asks that person to register.

Any ideas?

I know there is a plug-in that limits the number of characters for a post, but I was looking for a plugin that allows 25 thread page views and then asks that person to register.

Any ideas?

That's actually a cool idea. I think you'd have to make it much higher though. You could go through 25 thread views REAL quick.

That's actually a cool idea. I think you'd have to make it much higher though. You could go through 25 thread views REAL quick.

Why? Give them a taste, and then ask 'em to join. No sense in allowing them to view half the site.

I like this idea. Obviously, there'd have to be a way to make the distinction between a user and search engine crawler.

Why? Give them a taste, and then ask 'em to join. No sense in allowing them to view half the site.

I like this idea. Obviously, there'd have to be a way to make the distinction between a user and search engine crawler.

Because I can open 25 threads in a single browsing session. Especially if you close tabs and then reopen them. Trust me, that limit is way too low. You want to give them a taste, not piss them off.

Thread pages, not threads. And if they haven't decided to sign up after 25 pages, nothing you do is going to entice them. Why give your content away for free?

Thread pages, not threads. And if they haven't decided to sign up after 25 pages, nothing you do is going to entice them. Why give your content away for free?

This isn't shopping for pants. You want people to sign up and stick around, not just read what they wanted to read and then hit the road. If you have quality and they see that, they'll be likely to come back for more.

Plus, no one likes a cocktease.

I believe 1.2 will provide that information for you. (maybe XenForo provides that now even...)

And the 25 page views was just a number that I threw out there, it should be something that is configurable in the admin. And if someone wants to tackle this, just let me know the cost and I will pay $$$.

I have removed the add-on from the post.

Please submit all add-ons to the Resource Manager.

Sorry for my English.

The main question is how to distinguish one guest from another.
You can use the user agent + ip + some brouser options, but these data somewhere to store. That is, the load on the database or cache. If you want to hide the content, it is better to close the theme from the guests. Otherwise released a difficult decision not serious issue. All can be, but not always necessary.

Top Bottom