Limit amount of emails sent to users within "x" minutes/ sending batches

snoopy5

Hi,

I just saw in the HYS the new features for XF 2.2. I like especially the "Activity summary email" features.

But there is one important feature missing, which will be a huge value added to this "Activity summary email": Make it possible to adjust in the ACP how many emails are sent out in batches within a specified time frame.

Implement two fields in the ACP. One empty field to enter the maximum number of emails allowed (i.e. 1000 emails) and one empty field for the time frame (i.e. every 10 minutes).

Thanks to this, the admin can control how many emails are sent out in one batch in a specified timeframe, depending on the activity/size of his forum and the server restrictions the webhoster is using.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase add this!

Upvote 11
I’m upvoting this even though it’ll reduce the usefulness of the latest update to my Mail add-on, as this would be hugely useful for anyone on shared hosts.

Shared hosts usually cap emails per hour to avoid spam, and XF already has 95% of the functionality needed for this feature built in to its mail queue system.

Shared hosts usually cap emails per hour to avoid spam, and XF already has 95% of the functionality needed for this feature built in to its mail queue system.
Exactly.

I do think that Xenforo could increase its sales numbers at least by 30% when implementing this feature and communicate it in its marketing properly.

Top Bottom