Liking a post opens a confirmation screen/Editor not showing up

zaiger

Hello Xenfriends,

I am having a problem where liking a post opens a confirmation window. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did. I reverted the "Post" template back to it's default state and it is still happening. Thanks in advance for whatever wisdom and guidance you may provide. Screenshot below.

likepage.webp

The text editor is not showing up either. I believe this is only happening to my users using Chrome as a browser. Any ideas on what could be causing these issues?

PLOT TWIST: The like button issue is only happening with certain browsers. It happened for me with Chrome on windows, but not Opera or IE, and it happened to one of our other admins with Firefox on Linux.

SECOND PLOT TWIST: Replying to a post also opens the editor in a new window.

You've disabled Javascript.
Any suggestions for a solution? It's not happening to everyone, and seems to linked to what browser you are using. I just went through and reverted all of the template changes made in the ACP and it's still doing it. Also, I don't have server access so I think it has to be something in the admin panel.

It's browser related.

If you disable JavaScript in your browser, that is the behaviour.

If it's happening intermittently then it is more than likely a server related issue.
Are you on a shared host?

It's browser related.

If you disable JavaScript in your browser, that is the behaviour.

If it's happening intermittently then it is more than likely a server related issue.
Are you on a shared host?

I'm not having the issues on this site though, everything is working fine. I just liked and replied to your post and everything worked as intended, post editor is even there, so I don't think it is a browser issue. We are on a dedicated server I believe. I will email our sysadmin and if he doesn't know how to fix it I'll have him check out this thread. I am not sure he is even aware of what's going on, as I thought I was the one who broke something. Thanks for your time.

Edit: It may even be an issue with Cloudflare now that I think about it.

Top Bottom