Likes system - one FAIL?

mauzao9

Hello, first, excuse my English. :)
Edit: Posted in wrong place. By the way, if we can give permision to delete our topics, why not move them?!

I'm a Moderator of a forum now using xenforo that has passed the 100 000 posts just in a few months.

One big problem since that there are many young people in the forum is the abuse of the Likes system, an attempt to gain popularity.

The big problem is this:
- Members creates accounts FAKES to give Likes to their posts.

So, I ask:
- Where are the moderation tools to prevent this?
- Why SPAM Cleaner does not clean the Likes?
- Why there are no tools to detect / block fake accounts?

Again sorry my English ...
I just created account here because the owner is away and these problems started.

Hello, first, excuse my English. :)
Edit: Posted in wrong place. By the way, if we can give permision to delete our topics, why not move them?!

I'm a Moderator of a forum now using xenforo that has passed the 100 000 posts just in a few months.

One big problem since that there are many young people in the forum is the abuse of the Likes system, an attempt to gain popularity.

The big problem is this:
- Members creates accounts FAKES to give Likes to their posts.

So, I ask:
- Where are the moderation tools to prevent this?
- Why SPAM Cleaner does not clean the Likes?
- Why there are no tools to detect / block fake accounts?

Again sorry my English ...
I just created account here because the owner is away and these problems started.
i have setup the registered usergroup to have minimal permissions. no ability to like, for example. then i use the usergroup promotion addon to promote people to a second group after they have made a number of posts and acquired a number of likes. this second group opens more fetures to them, such as using the like button and such.
it stops what y7ou describe because it would take effort to get a fake account promoted, and people are generally lazy.

We're afraid of new MODs because it usualy creates conflicts with other MODs, and we're still looking for a programmer that works with xenforo to work with us to help in this things. Like some days ago from nothing, forum gives to some users that create topics with Images and Permission error on /index.php and wont let them create it, something really madness since no ideia what caused it.

2 and 3 means that is something that they are still working at?

i have setup the registered usergroup to have minimal permissions. no ability to like, for example. then i use the usergroup promotion addon to promote people to a second group after they have made a number of posts and acquired a number of likes. this second group opens more fetures to them, such as using the like button and such.
it stops what y7ou describe because it would take effort to get a fake account promoted, and people are generally lazy.
Where is that MOD? I heard about, but we still afraid that may cause conflicts between mods that are hard to fix because the Low support from who created the MOD in most cases.

Where is that MOD? I heard about, but we still afraid that may cause conflicts between mods that are hard to fix because the Low support from who created the MOD in most cases.
When a member joins, and confirms their email address, they are placed in the Registered Users Group. That users group has certain permissions associated with it. There is no 'Modification/Plugin' involved at all.

That Registered Users Group could have the permission to 'Like' removed, until they are moved to another user group. V1.1 will have the ability to 'Promote' users based on various criteria, at least that is my understanding.

Well likes aren't really that much of a problem until the user starts to be awarded trophies because of them, but with 1.1 there will be a like to message ratio which can stop people from getting trophies when they "like boost" unless they have an adequate amount of messages to back up those likes.

When a member joins, and confirms their email address, they are placed in the Registered Users Group. That users group has certain permissions associated with it. There is no 'Modification/Plugin' involved at all.

That Registered Users Group could have the permission to 'Like' removed, until they are moved to another user group. V1.1 will have the ability to 'Promote' users based on various criteria, at least that is my understanding.
I Hope yes! Because this is really annoying you know... I don't wanna disable Like system because some users abuse it, I wanna that Xenforo haves more options and think in BIG BOARDs because we got some problems that make especialy moderation hard in big boards.

Well likes aren't really that much of a problem until the user starts to be awarded trophies because of them, but with 1.1 there will be a like to message ratio which can stop people from getting trophies when they "like boost" unless they have an adequate amount of messages to back up those likes.
It helps but wont solve the problem. The major problem in likes it's the fact EVEN if I detect the fake Account and delete it, even in SPAM cleanner, it wont delete the LIKES, them we have no power against that =/

Just disable the ability to 'Like' posts for the Registered Users group.

Then go through the adminCP once a week and promote the ones to the next group that can give likes. Maybe once they make 50 posts...

It is really quite simple, but time consuming.

Just disable the ability to 'Like' posts for the Registered Users group.

Then go through the adminCP once a week and promote the ones to the next group that can give likes. Maybe once they make 50 posts...

It is really quite simple, but time consuming.
The forum haves thousands users, it's impossible to us do that, it must be something automated... Xenforo isn't thinking in Big Boards when It makes this things. D:

The forum haves thousands users, it's impossible to us do that, it must be something automated... Xenforo isn't thinking in Big Boards when It makes this things. D:
1.1 is coming with group promotions...

XenForo is new, and I think I speak for the vast majority of xF customers in that XenForo is much more focused on big boards than the competition ;).

1.1 is coming with group promotions...

XenForo is new, and I think I speak for the vast majority of xF customers in that XenForo is much more focused on big boards than the competition ;).

I really hope yes or i'm going to suicide, group promotions can really help for them get blocked from do somethings.... But if we take off the likes permission the button gona disapear or will give error when click?

Maybe it is... But about the moderation it's complicated. We have alot of young people, and they are the most dificult type of users to moderate, usualy they never read the rules, all days we got fights, soo moderation must be there always...
I must admit in other softwares they have better moderation tools, we can't lose the controll or they do whatever they want... I don't know how to make it easier :X

Yup but it got's conflit with some of our MODs, we already tryed, it must be something integrated in Xenforo, with MODs we usualy got some problems, we installed alot, users asked and asked, we have no choice. =/

But we know, too much MODs installed causes more problems... We gona need hire an programmer, can we do that here?
I haven't noticed this before and have tried several mod combinations before, I believe someone posted the explanation as to why mod conflicts are less likely. How many mods do you have? Also, you can just make an example of current members who insist on causing drama.

Yup but it got's conflit with some of our MODs, we already tryed, it must be something integrated in Xenforo, with MODs we usualy got some problems, we installed alot, users asked and asked, we have no choice. =/

But we know, too much MODs installed causes more problems... We gona need hire an programmer, can we do that here?
That sounds more like an issue with the mods you already have; I haven't seen many conflicts with that promotion add-on.

Top Bottom