Likes system - one FAIL?

mauzao9

Hello, first, excuse my English. :)
Edit: Posted in wrong place. By the way, if we can give permision to delete our topics, why not move them?!

I'm a Moderator of a forum now using xenforo that has passed the 100 000 posts just in a few months.

One big problem since that there are many young people in the forum is the abuse of the Likes system, an attempt to gain popularity.

The big problem is this:
- Members creates accounts FAKES to give Likes to their posts.

So, I ask:
- Where are the moderation tools to prevent this?
- Why SPAM Cleaner does not clean the Likes?
- Why there are no tools to detect / block fake accounts?

Again sorry my English ...
I just created account here because the owner is away and these problems started.

I haven't noticed this before and have tried several mod combinations before, I believe someone posted the explanation as to why mod conflicts are less likely. How many mods do you have? Also, you can just make an example of current members who insist on causing drama.
That sounds more like an issue with the mods you already have; I haven't seen many conflicts with that promotion add-on.

About 20 MODs, we got one conflit that is madness... When a user creates an topic with images, it wont let him create, it says that "you don't have permission to acess /index.php" when posting the topic. Far I know it happens in topics with alot of images... And that errors are realy strange.

About the promotion MOD the bug is the next:
It promotes users auto to randon groups, even staff ones, each time that it rebuilds user cache, we unistalled it for ensure no big problems that is one randon user get staff permissions without we notice about it.

We need that much MODs for forum works fine, users ask always for new things... or they can get bored. :o

General question.

Are the majority of your members 'ok' in their behavior? But a small % are abusing the Like system and other things?
(I read your other thread requesting a log of edits)

General question.

Are the majority of your members 'ok' in their behavior? But a small % are abusing the Like system and other things?
(I read your other thread requesting a log of edits)
Yes they are fine.

But you know the small % abusing we take it serious because when this happens other users get mad with this abusing ones and starts an "war". See the notices about London? It's something like that... but in a forum.

This happens because we have alot of young people on forum, and they are hard to control you know...

Yes they are fine.

But you know the small % abusing we take it serious because when this happens other users get mad with this abusing ones and starts an "war". See the notices about London? It's something like that... but in a forum.

This happens because we have alot of young people on forum, and they are hard to control you know...
Well, while some of what you are asking for is extremely reasonable, it could be some time before any of that occurs.

The practical matter is that if you want things to improve at this time, and you don't want to deal with promoting all users manually into a usergroup that has more privileges is to do the opposite:

Move the accounts that are 'not good' for whatever reason (Like abuse, ninja edits, etc) into a group with less permissions:
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): = 1 or 2
Like posts: = no

Well, while some of what you are asking for is extremely reasonable, it could be some time before any of that occurs.

The practical matter is that if you want things to improve at this time, and you don't want to deal with promoting all users manually into a usergroup that has more privileges is to do the opposite:

Move the accounts that are 'not good' for whatever reason (Like abuse, ninja edits, etc) into a group with less permissions:
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): = 1 or 2
Like posts: = no
Yes, I did found one mod for alert when detects fake accounts, that would help to controll fake activity. And since I know there is going to be an promote system in 1.1? If yes it will be possible block new members somethings...

About the Edits, I already did my sugestion to at least be possible like other softwares exist some alert in post when edited, or a reason to edit.

Xenforo must think more in moderation, make it easy and save time, because in BIG boards we in some mod actions can take 5min to do, like one new user doing something wrong, we must fix, alert user, etc...
That's the question, in Big boards somethings are hard to do, especialy when they must be manual!

Thanks for the tip :)

Top Bottom