XF 1.5 Licensing Renewal Quandary

Jim McClain

I received a license expiration notification earlier this month and discovered my license fee for the forum software is combined with the fee for the Media Gallery as well. When I purchased the Gallery last year, I had hoped it would be a popular addition to my site, which started life in 2006 as a vBulletin forum. Unfortunately, my members have very little interest in the Gallery add-on and it gets hardly any traffic from visitors. Consequently, I think I'd be better off without it.

I know how to uninstall the Gallery add-on and I know how to delete the folders that store the existing photos. What I want to know is how to separate my Gallery and forum licenses so that I can renew the forum license without XFMG. Given that my license for the Media Gallery has expired, is there any value in selling the product and transferring it to someone else, or should I just drop it altogether?

Updating to v.2 is not on my schedule yet, but probably will be before the end of the year. At this time, though, I'm only asking about v.1.5.

Thanks for any good advice.

Unfortunately the add on licenses are tied explicitly to the forum license so they are not transferable.

We can, however, remove your Gallery license so you only renew the forum part. However, it does mean that if you ever decide to use it again in the future, it will need to be repurchased.

To arrange that, please contact us: https://xenforo.com/contact/

Top Bottom