Licensing question

I'm running an old VB installation that is sort of a tortured setup, and I'm wondering how that would relate to Xenforo licensing costs.

We operate forums for a number of sailboat brands. They all use the same domain but different subdomains, i.e., hunter.domain.com, oday.domain.com, catalina.domain.com.

Some of the specific forums only appear on certain subdomains, and some of the specific forums are shared by all of the subdomains. For example, a forum only about Hunter boats would be listed only on hunter.domain.com. And a forum for owners of all boats would be listed on all of our subdomains.

(I know your software isn't designed to do this out of the box and some modifications would be required, but that's _my_ problem...)

We run all of this from one VB installation.

How does this translate to a Xenforo licensing scenario?

Confusing, eh?

In your setup that only specific forums are shown on altenrate subdomains, this would require extra licensing.

From the FAQ:
Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?

Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

Top Bottom