• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Licensing Question

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a XenForo license in the future, but I have a question first. I'm wondering if I would be allowed (after purchasing) to test the software on localhost using WAMP Server using my license and then after playing around, deleting it, and then installing it as a live website? If it is legal, would it let me reuse the license key?

One more thing. If I switch domains and I delete the old install, can I reuse my license in the new domain, again provided there is only one website using the license at any given time?

Thanks!

steel_curtain

Yes, you can run on localhost and live at the same time. I, along with most on here, use a localhost setup to do all our development and testing before rolling out into a production environment.

Also, you can reuse your license on another domain as long as you remove the installation and change the site URL inside your customer account.

Yes, you can run on localhost and live at the same time. I, along with most on here, use a localhost setup to do all our development and testing before rolling out into a production environment.

Also, you can reuse your license on another site as long as you change the site URL inside your customer account.
Okay. Got it. Thanks for quick reply.