License -> Website removal

Tie

Hi,

I currently run a forum board using XenForo's software. The license was paid by an older community moderator, but he left. We're not in good standing anymore. I know on the Customer Panel, you need to specify which website uses the license your purchase. What happens if the said person removes the website from the Customer area?

Thanks,
Tie

Licenses are typically owned by individuals.

The current license owner can request a transfer to you or another party, otherwise, if they have removed the URL from their customer area, you will need to purchase a new license or uninstall the software.

Licenses are typically owned by individuals.

The current license owner can request a transfer to you or another party, otherwise, if they have removed the URL from their customer area, you will need to purchase a new license or uninstall the software.
I got that. What happens if they remove the URL? The forum is instantly unavailable? Or am I given a few days to purchase a license?

The current forum won't be affected by them removing the URL.

You can just go ahead and purchase a license and then continue to use that new license for upgrades, etc.

The current forum won't be affected by them removing the URL.

You can just go ahead and purchase a license and then continue to use that new license for upgrades, etc.
Oh, so if I didn't want to do upgrades or anything, my forum will continue running, even if that person removes my forum board from their Customer area?

Top Bottom