License transfer - Domain needed ?

Francesco V.

If I buy a legit second hand license do I need to immediately bind it to a domain in order to complete the transaction/transfer ?
After I buy it, should I do something in order to "activate" it as mine ? or is it automatically already "mine" ?

And, if it is a 1.x license, I am then elegible to upgrade to 2.x ? The scenario will be that I buy now an active 1.x, it will expire, I will reactivate it and upgrade to 2.x.

For a license to be downloadable you need to provide a title and URL. The terms of the license agreement state that these values should be kept up to date when the license is in use.

Any license is able to download any future or past version of XF until the date it expires. So if you buy a license now (it will have to be active under the terms for our transfers) then it will cover you for XF 2.0.2 and any future version until it expires.

Thanks Chris.
Just to understand better. My case is that I want to buy a legit active second hand license but for "future" use. I don't have still a domain and neither the project idea I will use that license for.
So, you mentioned the word "Downloadable". Is it correct what I understood: I can buy the license and at the moment of the transfer I don't need to provide a title and url of a website. I have to provide them just if I want to download the files of xenforo forum ?

Top Bottom