License terms and conditions

Gravity

Hiya,
I can't find any detail on the license conditions, to answer questions like:
• is the 'license' for a single server, or for a single domain?
• if it's for a single domain, can it be used on multiple sub-domains (in case there is more than one forum community within the same domain, eg. developers and marketing people)
• what are the terms of support, does it include entitlement to minor upgrades like x.1 or major upgrades like 1.x?

Regards,
G

Hi Gravity, and welcome to XenForo, :)

A license entitles you to run a single instance on a domain, and you may have a test copy installed as well as long as it is not publicly accessible. As long as you have an active license you are entitled to minor and major releases.

I tried looking for an answer to this, so I apologize in advance if it's already been answered.

When a person purchases an xenForo license, I assume the license is tied to a domain name? And if so, can we purchase the license(s) without specifying the domain name?

Just curious as I think I'd like to purchase a few licenses, but not have any idea on where they'd be hosted yet.

I have another question about the domain name used and stuff. Say I want to use XF as the forum software for my new site I'm launching with a friend, but since I'm the one purchasing the license, could I use the "testing install" on a private directory on my own personal site?

For example have my main forum at www.forum1.com and then a test copy at www.mypersonaldomain.com/xenforo
But I would password protect that directory so it's not accessible without the correct user name.

I have another question about the domain name used and stuff. Say I want to use XF as the forum software for my new site I'm launching with a friend, but since I'm the one purchasing the license, could I use the "testing install" on a private directory on my own personal site?

For example have my main forum at www.forum1.com and then a test copy at www.mypersonaldomain.com/xenforo
But I would password protect that directory so it's not accessible without the correct user name.
I'm guessing that would be fine as long as it is password protected and not publicly accessible. If you're the only one who can access it, it shouldn't matter what domain it's on. :)

Another Question.

Can I pay for my friend?
For example I pay from my PayPal e-mail (email-1). But I specify name, adress, e-mail (email-2) etc. from my friend. Who will receive e-mail with password and login? Email-1 or email-2?

Another Question.

Can I pay for my friend?
For example I pay from my PayPal e-mail (email-1). But I specify name, adress, e-mail (email-2) etc. from my friend. Who will receive e-mail with password and login? Email-1 or email-2?

If that's not possible via the method you posted, I'm sure a quick support ticket / pm to Kier/Mike/Ashley/Me will get this sorted.

Can I pay for my friend?

As far as I am aware, only a URL is required at the point of purchase, although this can be changed later.
You need to enter a URL before you download it. You can just enter localhost or 127.0.0.1, but you will need to have the correct URL if you go live.

There has been a lot of talk of buying licenses on behalf of others who might not be able to during the 24 hour sale period.
Nothing has been said by any of the company owners with regards to this so I think you should be fine.

Top Bottom