Vultr new terms and conditions

I’ve just logged into my account, and you can’t do anything without accepting the updateView attachment 300401
There are multiple ways of avoiding acceptance of the TOS using browser tools should you need to access your account.

Personally I wouldn't want it recorded that I'd accepted those terms regardless of their legality because by doing so it is likely you have entered a legally binding contract. On the other hand by not accepting they may be within their rights to stop providing you with their services.

I think given the uncertainties I'd simply ensure I had a backup of my data.

Their wording is poor

That's the entire point and the entire problem, not sure why you'd defend them.

A company as large as that, serving 1.5M customers, with enough legal power behind them can bend poor wording to their bidding.

Their ToS should be crystal clear when dealing with customers on the scale they are. It wasn't, and they were rightly called out on it.

I'm very pleased they seem to have clarified things, but oh boy, what a fumble that was. Will be interesting to see how their brand reputation pans out over the coming years.

the sky is falling crowd shouts loudest

If you don't even consider the option that a massive multi national global company wouldn't sell out their customers valuable data, especially in the current climate of AI growth and raw data needed to feed models, where you have customers with the perfect recipe of bags of data on your hosting platform (ie. XF cloud customers), then your a fool.

You may as well as be sticking your head in the sand.

I'm very pleased to hear about the updates though, I hope the clarification is true and sticks.

I suppose the old adage if you're a SaaS company remains true as ever though - the cloud is still just someone else's computer.

Top Bottom