XF 1.5 License Stolen?

ConnerMurphy

I gave my friend the download to my XenForo files as he suggested a forums idea to me. I thought it would be cool so I sent it over and done some set-up for him. The agreement was that I'd pretty much run the site with him. He has since completely revoked my access. All he has is the forum, no access to the XenForo account/license token etc.

I did try speak to him, but he denies removing my "Super Admin" account. Any ideas on how to approach this?

I did try speak to him, but he denies removing my "Super Admin" account. Any ideas on how to approach this?
Sue to get the domain back (you left out whether that was his property or not) and/or leave him with an illegal copy and transfer the license to a new domain of your own.

If you own and manage the domain, but not hosting, change the nameservers and he'll be unable to use the license yet again.

In the instance you have server access, cut him off and end ties.

Sue to get the domain back (you left out whether that was his property or not) and/or leave him with an illegal copy and transfer the license to a new domain of your own.

If you own and manage the domain, but not hosting, change the nameservers and he'll be unable to use the license yet again.

In the instance you have server access, cut him off and end ties.
He owned the domain and hosting. I've already transferred the license to a personal domain of mine and set-up the forum there. Does that then mean the copy he has running on the domain is an invalid license?

The idea was that I allowed him to install the xenforo on his host and we would equally run the forums. He then went back on that and removed me. I'm not violation any terms am I? I would hope not.

Unless you have legally transferred the license to him, I think you still own the license can decide where to use it. I will wait for the staff to comment on it.

Top Bottom