License expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihailo

For those who are not 18+ XenForo license is a little bit expensive..

I'm 16 and I want to buy XenForo license but I have no money.
Is there any option for young people? :D

For those who are not 18+ XenForo license is a little bit expensive..

I'm 16 and I want to buy XenForo license but I have no money.
Is there any option for young people? :D

If you save USD12/month, you'll have for a license within 12 months. Good luck! I'm sure you can make 12 extra bucks/month.

Meanwhile, get your forum going by using a free/open source alternative. Maybe try phpBB? You can import directly from phpBB->XF (Importing | XenForo)

Last edited:
Like working? :D

Nothing until 18 :D

you are 16 on profile 21 :ROFLMAO:

Well, I'll change it.

If you save USD12/month, you'll have for a license within 12 months. Good luck! I'm sure you can make 12 bucks/month.

Meanwhile, get your forum going by using a free/open source alternative. Maybe try phpBB? You can import directly from phpBB->XF (Importing | XenForo)

That's bad. :P I want XenForo. This forum software is awesome.
Or I can find someone who want to sell his/her license for 50$ or € :)

That`s the problem today.
Every time the best and newest gadgets without money.
Can`t really blame this generation for this.

In witch country is not allowed to work beside school?
Deliver newspaper, go out with dogs, cut grass, wash cars, baby sitting, give lessons to other who are more worse at school. There are many opportunities to make some money if someone want it really.

That`s the problem today.
Every time the best and newest gadgets without money.
Can`t really blame this generation for this.

In witch country is not allowed to work beside school?
Deliver newspaper, go out with dogs, cut grass, wash cars, baby sitting, give lessons to other who are more worse at school. There are many opportunities to make some money if someone want it really.

I live in Montenegro. Here, that's impossible. Americans do that...

If you are just starting a forum and would not have a ton of users then use a free version for now of another forum software. If your forum grows and your content is worth it perhaps ask for donations (in the future not right off the bat) to help move to this forum software if you feel it would serve better than the free options whilst you have no funds.

XenForo isn't all that's needed, there's web hosting and a domain name, both of which cost money. As you say you have no money, you'd be best saving up for hosting and a domain and using phpBB or Maybe which are free to start with. If your forum takes off, you can ask members for donations towards a XenForo licence.

My suggestion about forum software still applies.

Anyway, you won't get a discount on a new XenForo license so you either pay the full cost, get a second hand license from elsewhere or use free software. The choice is yours. :)

Find a sponsor.. Work out terms.. Lots of people atre sitting on unused licenses possibly someone would lease you one until you can purchase your own copy.. I did this with my first successful site and found a guy willing to let me use his expired vB 3.8 license in exchange for my adsense earnings. and a prominent link back to his own related forum..

Last edited:
Well, I'll change it.

You'll need to contact a staff member. It can't be changed on the front end.

In any case, if you're not old enough to work at that age over there, find some odd jobs and save up. Then when you can get a real job, it won't take that long to gather money because you'll already have some money from your odd jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom