XF 1.3 Licence and version number question

I have two licenses. As I was downloading 1.3.0, I noticed different version #'s for each lic. Does it mater which software I use on the domains? I don't really do much with either site. In truth I bought my second lic. to support the site during the lawsuit. So what's the story?

Kind regards
Dennis

What do you mean by different version numbers?

If you're saying that one license let you download 1.3 and another lets you download 1.1 then, yes, this is important.

When you purchase a license you get support and upgrades for 12 months. After the 12 months you can still download the software but only up to the current version that was available before the license expired.

If you want to use a newer version on that license then you need to renew.

I don't think it matters too much, however it's recommended you use the license on the domain linked to the license...

Liam
Of course it matters... One license may be active and allow downloading of 1.3. The other might have expired in 2012 and only allow the use of 1.1.x

I have just checked your account and both are currently valid so no need to worry.

Just bear in mind what Chris has posted above; you can only install the latest version available for each license, which is attached to a domain.

We do also request that the correct files are used on their respective domains.

I don't think it matters too much, however it's recommended you use the license on the domain linked to the license...

Liam
Got a single license right now, but contemplating getting another license.

How would you know which license goes to which forum in order to keep them straight?

Thanks!

No but you will just download the files that relate to your forum when you need them.

If you need to upgrade Forum A. Just download the files for Forum A.

Top Bottom