[Liam W] (RIP) Split Reply Permission

[Liam W] (RIP) Split Reply Permission 2.0.3

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Split Reply Permission - Sometimes, extra granularity is required.

This simple add-on adds 2 new forum permissions:
  • Post replies to own threads
  • Post replies to threads by others
This allows further granularity in permissions than the existing Post replies permission.

Note: The new permissions depend on the 'Post replies' permission. Please be sure to keep that granted.

Read more about this resource...

If a user has permission to reply, and he has permission to reply to others threads. Then doesnt he automatically have permission to reply to his own? It seems as if the latter permission is superfluous.

If a user has permission to reply, and he has permission to reply to others threads. Then doesnt he automatically have permission to reply to his own? It seems as if the latter permission is superfluous.

Indeed, however the original XF1 addon was custom-made for someone that wanted the separate permissions, and for ease of migration I just included them both in this XF2 version.

Liam

What.. Liam is just 22? and he created this add-on when he's just 19.. so sad! :cry:

Can anyone give me an example how you'll use this add-on? One can post a thread and only he can reply his own thread? Then actually he can be given a thread unlock permission?

1585498076964.webp

Can anyone give me an example how you'll use this add-on? One can post a thread and only he can reply his own thread? Then actually he can be given a thread unlock permission?
On my forum we provide malware removal services. It is very important that users do not interfere with the removal process. Each user can only reply to their own topic, but cannot reply to someone else's.

Top Bottom