• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

LGB Thread Renamer

lukegb

Allows users to be given the permission to modify their own thread title.

Not really fleshed out, just a quick implementation of something my forum (http://bukkit.org) needed for it's modifications section.

This is confirmed to work with 1.0.0 -> 1.0.2.

Installation instructions:
  1. Copy the LukeGB folder into the /library folder.
  2. Install the addon_renameThread.xml file via the Admin CP.
  3. Assign the permission inside the Node Permissions area inside the Admin CP.
  4. Hooray! Users within groups granted the permission can now rename their own threads.
Sorry I packaged it in a somewhat unusual way, I sorta threw the distribution system together.

Version 0.2 Released
This version allows forum owners to toggle whether they want users to be able to rename their thread only if they have the ability to edit their first post. This means users can now be restricted by the "edit cutoff" time limit.

I still fail at packaging:
The folder "LukeGB" (it's inside the upload folder in the zip) goes inside the "library" folder on the server, not directly on your forum root. Apologies.

v0.2 ERRATUM:
Open /library/LukeGB/ThreadRenamer/Thread.php.
Replace:
(line 18-19)
PHP:
$stillCanEdit = true;
}
with:
PHP:
}

Attachments

If this works you are my new best friend. I have gotten more crap for this simple thing than any other since making the switch.

Oh, forgot to mention. I made it a per-node permission, because we only wanted the permission to be available to certain usergroups in certain forums.

It basically just piggybacks on top of the XenForo thread edit system.

Out of ALL the possible names you could use..you chose this one. Typical programmer luke, typical programmer.
rolleyes.png

It would be interesting to add the permissions in XenForo !

Thank you for the sharing ;)

You may want to correctly package it as well, ie. put it within the proper XF directory structure, /library/LukeGB/... and install instructions in your opening post for those who aren't sure what to do with just a folder named LukeGB in their download.

Nice work though...

It was sort of just something I threw together. Hopefully something similar will become part of XF core - all the groundwork seems to be there, after all ;)

Well, I sort of added installation instructions to the first post. People should be able to figure it out ;)

Installed... this is actually pretty damn nice. Exceptional for those who need to change the titles for updating a prefix style forum [completed] [editing] etc.

one drawback is that it doesnt adhere to the edit cutoff time. this could be problematic at some time in the future.

Top Bottom