1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Let users see soft-deleted posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by PKdur, Feb 29, 2012.

1. PKdur

PKdur Member

Hello!
    I recently edited the XenForo files to let users view, and see the reason for deleted posts. My community have grown since then, and I can't figure how to revert this. I know there is a Permission that blocks or allows users from doing it, but after i've edited the files this don't work.
    Appreciate if anyone would be so kind to help me out :)

Flipsen likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The Forum Moderator permission View deleted threads / posts deals with that.

If you have made template edits which you need to revert, only you can know what they are.
    Check the list of edited templates and compare them against your notes, to see which ones relate to this.

3. PKdur

PKdur Member

Thank you so much for a quick reply :)
    The problem is that i edited one of the files in the XenForo library, from a guide that was on this site. I was wondering if anyone know where I can find this thread, or file that rules the post-deletion?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can just upload the default /library files from the .zip package again, assuming you haven't edited any others.

5. PKdur

PKdur Member

Okey, so replacing the old /library with the default one won't have any impact on threads, configuration etc.?

6. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

No, as those settings are stored at the database.

7. PKdur

PKdur Member

The problem is that i have addons an such, and I do not wan't to lose them. Is it a better idea only to replace the XenForo folder inside /library?