Let The Stress Begin

Anthony Parsons

I'm already dreading the process... time to sell the house to move for the apartment we purchased in the city off the plan 3 years ago. The time has come... and already the stress is rising and we're only at the interview stage.

Hopefully a quick sale and as few issues as possible... well, as few as is normal with selling property.

Silly question. You bought an apartment? You must be in a big city like New York City. Here in Nebraska you can't just buy an apartment - you have to rent them.

Silly question. You bought an apartment? You must be in a big city like New York City. Here in Nebraska you can't just buy an apartment - you have to rent them.
No, he is in Australia. I live in NYC. Yes, you can buy anywhere as long as you can pay.
The average apt in NYC is close to 1M and rising.

Anthony,
Why do you move into apt from house?
I live in big city so I actually prefer apt (co-op/condo) instead of taking care of a big house.

There is just me and the wife, both of us are busy enough and neither of us want to be maintaining a yard, gardens and such any more. We bought a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment, 2 car spaces... so we have plenty of room, and it has a mini-cinema room in the complex, pool and 2 level gymnasium, we also have the tram at our front door for ultimate convenience. (Lookup Melbourne, Australia, for tram)

No kids, no hassle... so we figure downsize and get out and about in the city more without having to drive everywhere. We want to go out together, go dancing, et cetera, without having to worry about city parking, drunk driving and the long list of issues that go with going out for a night and parking your car in a city. Yes, we don't want to worry about maintaining a house any longer. Apartment living... we pay our annual body corporate fee and they look after the building, our only maintenance is the interior of our apartment. Its brand new... so I don't figure it will be needing a renovation any time soon.

This gives us the best of everything pretty much for where we are now, and where we want to be in the coming years.

First interview today... Yuk! A day of more cleaning and touching things up to get ready. Double Yuk!

I just recently bought a house in San Antonio and sold one in Dallas. Good luck, my friend. Selling one is by far the most stressful. It was ten times worse than buying one. And that includes losing my job two weeks before closing on buying.

Where in san antonio ?sucks about loosing the job at the right time.

I am in the same boat got tired with apartment so been house hunting from last month . Going to take a look at one house later this evening hope everything goes well .

Good luck with your apartment, Anthony!
I ran away from my second floor apartment.
Neighbour in the bottom, neighbour on the top, neighbour on the right, neighbour on the left...

It sucks when you have one of those neighbours who likes to party all night with loud speakers and let's not talk about the fight that happens every other night . I can't wait to get away lol .

Last edited:
I'd never live in the city. It's god awful. I was thinking of buying a second house further down the coast until I read this thread. I forgot about the stress involved. Melbourne, in the right areas, is actually really nice. You know, aside from every animal capable of killing you.

3 bedroom? That's nothing... I have 6!
Texas or Arizona?

Top Bottom