Not a bug Left Padding for Avatars on Profiles

In hind sight, I might go the other way.

But really, if you're coloring that area, you'll want to add padding to it. There are different requirements for padding based on what you want to display, so it's something you'd need to add in the CSS.

:confused: I guess so. It's worth noting that you can accomplish looks like that simply by changing the style properties.. so it seems a little odd to have to change CSS so that style properties don't look weird.

Recently, padding was added to the left of avatars on the Recent Activity page.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-issue.43237/
I actually think it looked better before where it was aligned to the left... on the default style of course. If you add colour to those sections, the padding will make it look better, but now the default style doesn't look as good. If it was supposed to resolve inconsistencies, clicking between the recent activity and postings/profile posts tab doesn't look too consistent. I will probably just end up adding back the css that was removed. :p

I agree it looks inconsistent at the very least, but I can't say I find the removed CSS to really make much of a difference (particularly a negative one) to the default style.

I agree it looks inconsistent at the very least, but I can't say I find the removed CSS to really make much of a difference (particularly a negative one) to the default style.
Probably just my preference then... I like that the avatars are in line with the top breadcrumb, h1 and description. Well you could try going to the recent activity page, then duplicate the tab and remove the left padding on new feed items. Now keep swapping between tabs, do you find one looks better? I find that if the container of the content has a top and bottom border, but no left and right border, it looks better without padding on the sides if there is already spacing on the sides from the parent elements and matches the bgcolor. If the container has a border on all sides, then it'll look better with padding on all sides. However, that would only be the top portion. If you scroll down and compare against the footer then I think it looks better with the padding since the text inside the footer has a matching 10px padding on the left. I guess it looks both good and bad then. :whistle:

Top Bottom