LED Monitors Kick Arse

Anthony Parsons

I have to say that I love using an LED monitor vs. LCD... it like going back to the CRT crispness and brightness, yet slim and low power.

I like.... :D

::nods::
When I changed over to the iMac 27 one of the big selling features was the incredible screen. So crisp, and if you turn the brightness all the way up it's too much, which makes it perfect in sunlight. LOVE it... :)

Hmmm, that's teasing. I not long ago bought a huge 25.5 LCD (at least for me), don't think I'll be changing any soon either.

LED backlighting comes in two forms: edge-lit, and back-lit. Edge-lit is good for general consumers, they don't really care about accurate colour, etc. They want "thin", and they want cheap(er). Back-lit is better for design, and plainly, a better monitor for techies. They provide more even backlighting and better colour reproduction, among other things. RGB LED (different from white LED) backlit IPS is the real bomb, and is damn expensive (compared with others).

I can see you're not a Mac person, because if you were, you'd know that the Mac is actually in the screen. :D
What about Mac Pro + Mac Cinema Display? :rolleyes:

Since I will never ever have enough money to buy one of those, I don't waste precious mind-space with thoughts of it. :p

A lovely picture, just for you. ;)

Capture.webp

The low end Mac Pro costs over twice as much as my pc and has worse specs.... yey? Also, irrelevant to this thread, which is about LED monitors, which apple don't actually sell (technically)

The low end Mac Pro costs over twice as much as my pc and has worse specs.... yey?

Your statement pretty much holds the same as my current PC. Macbooks are getting more competitive though, which is nice (I like it more for the good quality build, rather than the OS itself. The OS is nice, Win7 is good as well.).

So for those mac knowledgeable (as I have only entered mac)... when I get my new 27" i7 imac, can that then run as a dual monitor with the 27" LED Cinema display? Can an imac become a split display like that?

Top Bottom