Lack of interest Leave conversation dialogue box text is misleading

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

This needs to be a bit less misleading. When a user leaves a conversation they do not delete the conversation, it is only deleted when the final participant leaves.

But the dialogue box implies the conversation is actually deleted:

Ignore future messages

You will not be notified of any future responses and the conversation will remain deleted.

Instead something along the lines of:

You will not be notified of any future responses and the conversation will no longer appear in your inbox.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't find it confusing at all, personally. Essentially, you are deleting the conversation from your inbox.

I don't find it confusing at all, personally. Essentially, you are deleting the conversation from your inbox.
Exactly, you are only deleting it from your inbox, ie you leave the conversation . But you aren't deleting the conversation.

If you are at a party, having a conversation with a group of people and say "excuse me, I'm just going to get a drink" you leave the conversation. You don't stop it.

Also, I am thinking more from the perspective a new forum user, who needs all the help they can get so terminology should say what it means.

I think it goes without saying that those of us who know the ins and outs of xenforo would not even need that explanation of the tick box, let alone be confused by it. I'm certainly not, I was just thinking of (newbie) members of my forum who have got confused about it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't make things easy to understand for our members, but in my opinion, we can only dumb things down so much.

I'm not saying we shouldn't make things easy to understand for our members, but in my opinion, we can only dumb things down so much.
I agree, nothing should be dumbed down at all.

All I'm saying is to use words that mean what they say, not to use dumber words.

Top Bottom