1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Leave a conversation

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Case, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Case

Case Active Member

If 2 people are in a conversation and 1 leaves, does the other get any indication that the other has left?

Or can they just continue replying... basically talking to themselves.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no notification. By default, a reply will show the conversation again. However, if they choose to leave and ignore responses, they will never see the conversation again -- this is mostly for abusive conversations where a notification would be a bad thing.

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

@Case for those of us who prefer to know there is a paid add-on that does just that.

Case likes this.
  4. Case

Case Active Member

Ah, I see. I was actually talking about a notification (or perhaps a better word would be 'notice') that the other person has left, shown to the person who keeps replying, not to the other person who has left.

Fair enough though, this is more of a suggestion then if it 's not built-in.

Thanks

5. rhs

rhs Member

Hi Mike,

that's ok, but why is the user, who has left the conversation (with ignore responses), listed on the right side (
    Conversation Participants)? That's confused other participants ...

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As explained by Mike's response:
    If they no longer appeared in the list then that would count as a notification.

7. rhs

rhs Member

@Brogan : please, can you easily explain that? I do not understand completely (english not my basic language).

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When someone leaves a conversation, none of the other participants are aware.
    It is intended to be known only to the person leaving.

If they were removed from the sidebar participant list when they did so, all participants would be aware.

9. rhs

rhs Member

Hi Brogan,

thank you for this info.

They should IMHO aware of this, because on other hand they "speak" to the participants who leaves the conversation and nobody answers ... that confuses my users.