XF 1.3 Leave a conversation

Case

If 2 people are in a conversation and 1 leaves, does the other get any indication that the other has left?

Or can they just continue replying... basically talking to themselves.

There's no notification. By default, a reply will show the conversation again. However, if they choose to leave and ignore responses, they will never see the conversation again -- this is mostly for abusive conversations where a notification would be a bad thing.

There's no notification. By default, a reply will show the conversation again. However, if they choose to leave and ignore responses, they will never see the conversation again -- this is mostly for abusive conversations where a notification would be a bad thing.
Ah, I see. I was actually talking about a notification (or perhaps a better word would be 'notice') that the other person has left, shown to the person who keeps replying, not to the other person who has left.

Fair enough though, this is more of a suggestion then if it 's not built-in.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

However, if they choose to leave and ignore responses, they will never see the conversation again -- this is mostly for abusive conversations where a notification would be a bad thing.

that's ok, but why is the user, who has left the conversation (with ignore responses), listed on the right side (
Conversation Participants)? That's confused other participants ...

When someone leaves a conversation, none of the other participants are aware.
It is intended to be known only to the person leaving.

If they were removed from the sidebar participant list when they did so, all participants would be aware.

Hi Brogan,

thank you for this info.

If they were removed from the sidebar participant list when they did so, all participants would be aware.

They should IMHO aware of this, because on other hand they "speak" to the participants who leaves the conversation and nobody answers ... that confuses my users.

Top Bottom