Lazy Load [img]

Lazy Load [img] 1.3.1

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Lazy Load [img] - Load less.

Provides lazy loaded image support via the Unveil.

A zero query method for per user-group lazy loading of the [img] and [attach] tags in threads and conversations with adjustable distance before images are loaded.

Uses a noscript tag around the original img tag. Make sure you set the Unregistered group to "Never' for lazy load if you are worried about SEO.

Interacts a little wonky with the Spoiler tag, see known issues for details.

Permissions:

Adds the permission:
  • Enable Lazy Load...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Looks like a great implementation of Unveil for graphic intensive sites, good job.

Any public demo of it in action?

Looks like a great implementation of Unveil for graphic intensive sites, good job.

Any public demo of it in action?
I only have it enabled in a member only forum, where the half a dozen really long neat/cool/interesting image threads hid.

And even then I have it disabled for guests to ensure I don't mess with SEO or Google being unhappy with my site.

I believe @RoldanLT is running it on his forum.

Reactions: rdn
What about adding a new function to detect a bot/spider or visitor who don't have javascript enabled?
Then disable lazy load to them.

-Upload a file and after post new message, images not shown in message.
-Attached images okay but IMG bb code images load very slow.

-Upload a file and after post new message, images not shown in message.
There is a couple bits where the script doesn't detect the page has changed. But this is why "Enable Outside threads/Conversations" ships as off.

Only the initial thread view should have lazy loaded images. However, replies may be being caught by the process.

-Attached images okay but IMG bb code images load very slow.
The entire point of the addon is the reduce how quickly clients request images. It doesn't change how fast or slow the client downloads an image, just when it gets kicked off.

Last edited:
I'm not sure when I'll find the time, work has been massively busy over the last month and the amount of XF addon development I've managed todo (outside bugfixes) has been quite limited.

Reactions: rdn
@RoldanLT - Are you still using this, and if so, do you know if it works with images proxied by the XenForo Image Proxy?

Also, can someone please tell me why this could negatively affect SEO? I thought faster page loading was a good thing.

why not fix these before releasing it?
  • Doesn't work with XenForo Media Gallery.
  • May impact SEO due to the use of noscript to present the original image to users without scripting. Will display the spinner too.
  • Loading spinner is ugly, and not per style.

Top Bottom