Lazy Load Images [Deleted]

Mr. Jinx

Mr. Jinx submitted a new resource:

Lazy Load Images (PageSpeed improvement) - Improve your PageSpeed score with Lazy Load Images

This add-on adds 'lazy loading images' to your forum.

Loading image lazy means your browser will only download images when needed.
It's one of the PageSpeed recommendations:

Defer offscreen images
Consider lazy-loading offscreen and hidden images after all critical resources have finished loading to lower time to interactive.​

Google Chrome does this in an intelligent way and decides based on desktop/mobile usage and connection speed when to load...

Read more about this resource...

Mr. Jinx

Currently the new 'loading=lazy' tag is only added for avatars and image attachments.
Let me know if there are other images you want to be included.

easiii

Currently the new 'loading=lazy' tag is only added for avatars and image attachments.
Let me know if there are other images you want to be included.
You've just added the 'loading=lazy' tag, nothing else right (eg. size etc)?
You can also add it in the "_media_site_embed_youtube" template for the YouTube videos. And, the favicons that it fetches from the URLs.

Also the images that are from social networks and are embedded.
Eg.

Last edited:

Mr. Jinx

That is correct, although not only Chrome but all modern browsers like Edge and Firefox support this new tag.
For a full list check: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/img#Browser_compatibility

Xon's add-on has more features and is also using 3rd party scripts.
I created this add-on just to add lazy loading support using native browser tags, without extra javascript and with minimal impact.
So I would say this is a 'lite' version.

Mr. Jinx

Thanks, I've check the new template mod is working but I still can't see the lazy tag added on page source :|
Can you give an example by sharing part of the page source, which includes the complete IMG tag (and a few more lines).

I am using chevereto image support for forum images outside of the media gallery.
Does Add-on help me?
It only adjusts avatar and attachments within XF, so probably nothing will happen with the other images.