Not a bug Latest thread overlaps forum listing when viewing with Comodo Ice Dragon

popowich

Hello,

One of my members who is using one of the security/privacy themed web browsers called Comodo Ice Dragon reported that the Latest threads overlaps the sub-forum listing on XenForo home pages.

The screen size matters. On my wide screen it's OK. On my Square 'ish monitor the problem is easy to see.

Here is a screen shot:

EM.webp

Do you think it's possible to fix this problem, or is it most likely something to do with what that browser might be doing to protect user privacy for example wrongly stripping out some necessary code or javascript?

Thank you.

It's possible to "fix" and I say that loosely because the "fix" would really be working around an error that is not really with XF itself and trying to do things with xf to work around a browser issue for a browser that basically has no relevance to the greater whole of your visitors.

You would need to inspect the page from that browser and see what is actually breaking the layout so unless someone already knows what this browser does to xf sites it really would be quite impossible to guess from an image and help you.

To answer your question simply, yes just about any layout issue can be fixed or worked around be it a browser compatibility issue or not. The real question is...is it worth your time to track down a bug that only appears in a single obscure browser that most people have never even heard of?

I think this is actually down to a template customization you made. You've hidden the counts below the forum title, so that's moving the sub-forum list up. I can see the issue in Chrome so it's just a matter of adjusting your browser width.

Top Bottom